Copywriter/Digital Content Specialist – Editorial & Ad Development
Hours available: part-time and flexible schedule.
Our content specialists develop content strategies and high-impact authoritative content tailored to each client’s competitive differentiators, key marketing messages and target audiences.
This position covers a wide variety of projects ranging from cornerstone website content to strategic blog posts, organic social media posts, pay-per-click and social media advertising copy, white papers and more.
Desirable marketing skills include the following:
- A gift for “marketing haiku” — wordsmithing that captures the audience’s ear and communicates memorable messages that connect emotionally to our clients’ potential customers
- Demonstrated ability to apply your writing, editing and storytelling talents to marketing objectives and varied audiences
- Prior experience with content deliverables including website content, landing page content, high-impact blog posts, cornerstone and skyscraper content, Facebook and Instagram posts, marketing email and email newsletter content, direct mail, video storyboards.
- Paid experience as social media manager, blog editor, SEO copywriter, marketing copywriter or content marketing specialist
- Experience editing client-provided content to achieve marketing objectives
- Experience developing a content strategy and editorial calendar
All positions require:
- Professional marketing experience per the position descriptions below
- Significant personal or professional experience with health, wellness, healthcare, fitness, nutrition and/or lifestyle change
- The ability to web-conference with our internal staff and our clients
- Native-speaker fluency in American English
- A reliable high-speed internet connection
Available hours vary by position. Most roles start around 10 hours/week and can increase over time if that’s your goal. Our team also includes people who choose to stay part-time. It’s all good!
Providing a flexible work environment is important to us, and we can usually work with your preferred schedule. For example, our current staff includes stay-at-home parents, part-time family caregivers, and individuals training for elite athletic events.
These are ideal positions for candidates who have professional marketing skills and experience and want to stay ‘plugged in’ professionally while maintaining a reasonable work/life balance. Very few projects are last-minute or rush.
Is This You?
- A proactive communicator and quick learner who comes up to speed fast on new skills and ideas
- Analytically-inclined, problem-solver, not afraid of numbers
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive communication style and enthusiasm for adding your own ideas and suggestions to make projects better
- Overdeveloped sense of responsibility, integrity, and serious attention to detail
- Good judgment and communication skills for periodic client communications
Depending on the position, we look for experience in tools like these:
- Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Analytics 360, Data Studio
- BrightLocal and equivalent local search platforms
- SEMRush, Ahrefs, Optmyzer or other PPC/SEO tools
- AdEspresso and similar tools
- Unbounce or other landing page platforms
- Facebook business pages
- Facebook Ad Manager
- LinkedIn Advertising
- Instagram advertising
- Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop/Illustrator and InDesign
- Video production tools like Rocketium
- WordPress websites and Beaver Builder
- Slack and Wrike