Copywriter at Knowable
$60k – $90k – No equity
Location: Remote USA, Los Angeles
Job type: Contract
Visa sponsorship: Not available
Experience: 3+ years
Knowable is a first-of-its-kind audio learning platform and library of original, expert-led audio courses. We create immersive, screen-free learning experiences that help people get inspired, learn new things, and accomplish their personal and professional goals. Knowable is built by a distributed team of audio lovers and lifelong learners and is venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Upfront Ventures, Initialized Capital, and First Round Capital, among others.
We’re seeking a Senior Copywriter to help share our story and craft compelling copy across all customer touchpoints.
We’re based in LA, but remote applicants are welcome.
What you’ll do:
- Perform a full review of all current copy and make a case for recommended updates and improvements.
- Collaborate with course experts and producers to create course collateral that reinforces the Knowable learning experience and makes sometimes complicated information easy to understand.
- Craft flawless, persuasive copy that builds awareness and drives sales.
- Work across the following channels: product, website, apps, app stores, advertisements, social, customer emails, company blog, and more.
- Help develop and implement copy standards to be implemented across the organization and contribute to the evolution of our brand style guide.
- Stay up to date on competitive landscape and identify areas of opportunity.
- Deliver projects on time and with integrity.
- Help guide Knowable’s message and how we communicate it to audiences.
What you have:
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience at an ad agency, product, or content company.
- Outstanding copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Experience writing marketing and/or content copy for a news or education property.
- Strong interest in audio, education, news, and journalism.
- Experience writing UX copy in a digital or app environment.
- Experience working collaboratively and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change course quickly.
- Strong ability to self-direct and eagerness take initiative.
- Finger on the pulse of pop culture and a fascination with words and language.
- A strong portfolio of relevant work.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!