Location: New York City, NY
Job Terms: Temporary
The position is remote and available to all locations; however, a preference for the New York or Chicago areas.
The Freelance Copywriter is responsible for writing medically accurate and compelling copy for both healthcare professional and consumer audiences, conducting literature searches, analyzing clinical study data, proofreading and preparing submissions for medical/regulatory review.
These duties are primarily promotionally focused, and we are seeking an individual with promotional pharmaceutical copy experience. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH PHARMA EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
More About What You’ll Do
- This unique position requires very specific social skills such as listening to clients and understanding their needs before making decisions, while assigned to, and/or working on a variety of projects and activities.
- Collaborates with designers and account managers during the creative process.
- Develops copy that is promotional, strategically relevant and scientifically sound.
- Reviews references along with primary core promotional materials for accuracy and relevance.
- Responsible for understanding and incorporating client and medical/regulatory feedback.
- Executes multiple projects within tight timeframes.
- Freelance copywriter needs to be adaptable to variances in workflow, team needs, and able to consistently meet deadlines.
- The position requires experience and confidence interacting directly with clients, listening to project needs and creating content solutions, and soliciting direct feedback from clients.
- 5+ years of copywriter experience
- Degree in the biological sciences (B.S. or M.S.) preferred and/or previous work in a healthcare/pharmaceutical advertising agency.
- Proficient in AMA Manual of Style.
- Experienced in MS Word, Adobe Professional and PowerPoint.
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare experience is required
- Proofreading skills/interest is required
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude is a must.