Copywriter at Kanopi Studios
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their careers as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Copywriter.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are in need of a Copywriter who can connect with our customer base through multiple channels, as well as assist key clients in doing the same.
For Kanopi’s clients, you’ll support our content strategy research by crafting new content and optimizing existing content at the request of the senior strategy team. Internally you’ll be responsible for creating marketing materials, social media posts, and additional marketing collateral, using the Kanopi brand voice.
We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative, and comfortable working in a collaborative fully remote environment. We require an individual comfortable handling multiple projects with evolving priorities. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Marketing on internal projects and report to the Manager of Creative Services.
Your typical initiatives:
- Client Content
- Create accessible, SEO, and UX-friendly textual content at the direction of the Content Strategy Team.
- Audit, inventory, and refine existing content collateral.
- QA completed designs and action on textual revisions as needed.
- Support senior strategy team in the creation of effective content pathways, personas, user journeys, and overall content strategy.
- Proof client presentations, and communication documents.
- Create training materials related to client project deliverables.
- Kanopi Content
- Write case studies and blog posts.
- Craft language for sales and conference presentations as needed.
- Proofread staff presentations for tone and grammar before they present at conferences and events.
- Write short, appropriate social media posts.
- Compose compelling emails.
- Produce content and subsequent deliverables that support our internal and external marketing initiatives.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW… LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A minimum of 2 years copywriting experience with a focus on creating copy for digital products.
- A minimum of 2 years agency experience.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a solution-driven approach to crafting content.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing for accessibility and SEO.
- A background in UX Writing would be an advantage but is not essential.
- The ability to simultaneously execute multiple projects with short deadlines.
- Proficiency with Google suite of tools.
- Impeccable writing, grammatical and organizational skills.
- The ability to craft an engaging story from technical or abstract client data.
- Inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional facility with the nuances of social media writing.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume and a link to your portfolio.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now About that cover letter This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team. Some candidates may even do a paid mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note – we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or applicants outside of the US or Canada.