Copywriter at SnackMagic
SnackMagic is a global snack and swag gifting service. Our unique edge is our signature build-your-own/customizable snack stash concept. Through SnackMagic, corporate organizers are able to use our easy-to-use platform to provide mood-boosting gifts to delight groups of 5-20,000. We’re a product-first ambitious team that’s obsessed with a united vision for taking our business to new heights, and we’re a true pandemic pivot story. We transformed from a solid New York City-based corporate lunch service, called STADIUM, whose trajectory was thrown off-course given the changing dynamic of working on-site to working at-home, and have since never looked back. SnackMagic today has outpaced years of STADIUM’s growth due to our agile team and ability to pioneer a new way to bring companies together in a changing world.
As a rapidly growing company, we are looking for our first internal copywriter. In this role, you will be responsible for crafting messaging across diverse touch points while maintaining established voice and persona consistent with brand standards. You’ll be working deep in the trenches of product, marketing and sales, with an important focus on helping increase conversions, clarity and delight through all user interfaces and brand touch points.
Past experience and demonstration of effective writing for E-commerce and or a digital product is essential. Extreme bonus points for deep experience in copy for interactive user interfaces. You’ll support SnackMagic across varied channels such as social, collateral and internal communication. The ability to channel the established brand voice while crafting effective and conversion oriented digital interactions is essential. You will be at the exciting forefront of a highly innovative, creative, and rapidly growing team.
SnackMagic is based in New York City, but the position is remote and candidates may be based nationally or internationally. This is a full time position with flexibility around W2 or 1099 status.
- Minimum 2 years of ecommerce or digital product copywriting experience
- Hard-working, mature, and positive attitude
- No ego and no set ways of doing things- open mindedness and experimentation is very key to our company
- Liaise with leadership, product, design and marketing team
- Comfort with digital design tools like Figma for direct copy implementation
- Exceptional skill for crafting and honing simple, straightforward, and conversational copy that makes even the most complex concepts intuitive and easy to understand.
- You’re a savvy communicator with an unerring ear for voice and tone—and the ability to ruthlessly eliminate the unnecessary.
- Experience working within rapid, iterative design and agile development processes.
- You can clearly articulate your rationale for content or copy recommendations.
- A growth mindset and a positive, action-oriented approach to work.
- Competitive salary, benefits & on-boarding package for the right candidate
- True ground-floor opportunity at an exciting, fast-paced growing company
- Guaranteed to make an impact, and be given autonomy to contribute and shape our design culture