Copy Editor – U.K. at Healthline Media
Copy Editor – Medical News Today – Healthline
The Copy Editor is an integral part of the editorial team. In this role, you’ll work closely with our writers, editors, and medical reviewers to ensure that all content is grammatically correct, concise, and easy to understand. You will copy edit original content targeting consumers and patients, develop questions for medical reviewers and writers, and incorporate reviewer comments in a fast-paced environment. You will also contribute input to help enhance and optimize information for consumer usability.
This is a full-time position with the option to work remotely or within our Brighton-based office.
As a Copy Editor, you’ll be part of a record breaking team! We aim to create content that educates, inspires, and most importantly connects with people who want to improve their health and well-being. We work hard to create content that not only connects with our user but is also mindful of SEO. The result is content that consistently breaks traffic records!
What You’ll Do:
- Copy edit content according to MNT editorial standards:
- Copy edit medical content articles to ensure grammatical accuracy as well as consistent style and tone
- Copy edit News and Demand articles to create a connection with a consumer audience and according to MNT’s style guides
- Copy edit text for social content and design
- Prepare finalized documents for publication
- Contribute to the evolution of MNT style guides, focusing on voice and tone appropriate for a consumer audience. Provide input and suggestions to make the guide more usable
- Help to address author and medical reviewer questions and needs
- Adapt to changing editorial guidelines and maintain documentation
- Contribute editorial input for continued product improvement
What We Are Looking For:
- 5+ years’ relevant professional experience as a Copy Editor, preferably in consumer health, medicine, or a science-related field
- Experience working with clinical writers and reviewers in an editorial capacity preferred
- Firm understanding of AP and AMA style, as well as experience with American English
- A hawk-like ability to catch errant punctuation and grammatical mistakes
- A knack for making content flow
- A love of language
- An astute sense of appropriate style, voice, and tone
- Exceptional analytical, research, writing, and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, cloud-based workflow programs, as well as content management systems, such as WordPress
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven department
- Creativity and a passion for editing, with sophisticated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude
Who We Are:
Medical News Today, a part of Healthline Media, is one of the top five health information sites in the U.S. (per ComScore), and we’re growing. Every month, more than 35 million people come to us for in-depth, clinical content and the latest news in medical research. Using peer reviewed studies and reputable sources, our immensely talented and curious editors and writers create more than 250 pieces of health content on a monthly basis.
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world. Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it’s like to work at Healthline Media.
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Healthline, Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!