Copy Editor at National Museum of Mathematics - MoMath
Work from home!
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math.
MoMath is seeking a motivated and savvy copy editor to provide careful and thorough content-editing in a fast-paced work environment. Primary duties will include proofreading, editing, and ensuring adherence to a strict style guide, as well as collaborating with co-workers to deliver quality projects on time. To excel in this role, a candidate will have experience in editing content, a keen eye for detail, and excellent communication and organizational skills.
A bachelor’s degree in english or related field is strongly preferred.
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, verifying spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Communicate and work with MoMath team to ensure that content is published in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Associated Press and Chicago Style guidelines
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow, and structure of content
- Ensure that content adheres to the MoMath style guide
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in a relevant role required
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or related field preferred
- Experience in publishing and/or editing preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Leadership and time management skills
- Proficient in desktop publishing software and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and WordPress publishing platform a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!