Copy Editor at Hadley Designs
Freelance Copy Editor For Party Blog
Dallas, Texas, United States
Hadley Designs, a leading online stationery and party supply retail company, is seeking a freelance copy editor to edit short-form and long-form content, such as blogs, emails, and product copy.
We want someone who consistently delivers near-flawless copy edits. Our editor must be able to spot the tiniest of errors while keeping an eye on the big picture—logic, flow, repetition, etc.
We’re looking for a creative talent who can take direction, but who is also a self-starter. We’re a high-energy, tight-knit group who also collaborate to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. If you appreciate great copy and enjoy the challenge of crafting great work, please send your resume with a link to your portfolio.
The salary is commensurate based on ability and could possibly become a full-time role in the future for the right candidate.
About Hadley Designs
There are plenty of reasons to celebrate life every day — we’re just here to help you get the party started. For us, that begins with beautiful designs and templates that never fail to leave a lasting impression. Then we give you the tools to unleash your creative side and turn that announcement, print or invitation into exactly what you had in mind. Whatever the occasion, we’re here to help you fill it with fun, love, and a whole lotta creativity!
Requirements for consideration:
- 2+ years of copy editing experience
- Degree in English, Journalism, or equivalent work experience
- A meticulous approach to grammar, spelling and providing the highest quality, cleanest, most concise copy possible
- A sharp eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines
- Ability to utilize project management software to track tasks and submit deliverables
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage your own workload
We’d love it if you can:
- Deliver flawless edited copy for blogs, emails and more.
- Correct spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax.
- Ensure consistency in spelling, hyphenation, numerals, fonts and capitalization.
- Flag ambiguous or factually incorrect statements.
- Track macro concerns like internal consistency.
- Manage your own workload to deliver edited copy with a continual, timely turnaround
- Laugh, because we love a sense of humor.
We are a 7-person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!