Copy Editor (Remote, Sun-Thur, 3 – 11:30 p.m. PT)
Tracking Code: 340-916
ECG is a national management consulting firm working exclusively in the healthcare industry and was named the top overall healthcare management consulting firm in a 2018 Best in KLAS report.
At ECG, our primary emphasis is on quality—in our people and our services. When you work at ECG, we empower you to be your best. We hire you for your ability, integrity, and education, and we assign you challenging projects and help you grow professionally.
We’re looking for a full-time, remote copy editor with a high affinity and passion for grammar and the English language whose primary responsibility is to edit a variety of client and internal meeting materials for grammar, punctuation, consistency, structure, and clarity and to ensure they conform to in-house and industry style guides.
This is a Sunday – Thursday, 3:00 to 11:30 p.m. shift.
- Edit client and internal meeting documents, proposals, reports, and presentations for grammar, punctuation, consistency, structure, and clarity and to ensure they conform to in-house and industry style guides.
- Rephrase unclear passages to help the writer better communicate with his/her audience.
- Proofread agendas, meeting minutes, and spreadsheets, including checking numbers in tables and charts.
- Use in-house resources and websites to verify the accuracy of certain data.
- Raise queries with the author as needed for clarity, and review answers to ensure correctness.
- Use our online work flow system for all stages of job completion.
- Follow all department processes as a member of the document production team.
- Meet all daily job deadlines in a collaborative, fast-paced, production-oriented environment.
- Consistently balance deadlines with quality.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four years in the editing field
- Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style
- Familiarity with Track Changes and Comments features in Microsoft Word, along with basic functions in PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- A meticulous work approach and an eye for detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Some experience working remotely preferred
Position Type: Full-time/nonexempt
ECG is a strategic consulting firm that is leading healthcare forward using knowledge and expertise built over the course of more than four decades to help clients see clearly where the industry is going and navigate toward success. We work as trusted, professional partners with hospitals, health systems, medical groups, and academic medical centers across the country. We thrive on delivering smart counsel and pragmatic solutions to the critical challenges facing healthcare providers. Client success is our primary objective. ECG’s national presence includes offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington, DC.
Our company culture is open, honest, and collaborative, with a defined career path to help you succeed in a meritocratic environment. We offer an attractive compensation package, challenging and rewarding work, and a stellar reputation. To begin the recruitment process, please submit your resume and cover letter via the Careers page of our website at http://www.ecgmc.com.
ECG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ECG does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of any characteristic or activity that is legally protected, including race; ancestry; creed; color; religion; national origin; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; families with children; familial status; sex; genetic information; marital status; sexual orientation; gender expression or gender identity; political ideology; age; honorably discharged veteran or military status; sensory, physical, or mental impairment; or other legally protected characteristics or activities.
We participate in E-Verify as part of our onboarding process.
Job Location: Remote Worker, United States