Copy Editor at Inman News
Part-Time Copy Editor
The real estate community turns to Inman first for insight, connection and community. One pillar of that is Inman’s daily award-winning journalism, covering all corners of the residential real estate industry including establishment players such as Realogy and Keller Williams; new digital powerhouses such as Zillow, Compass and Opendoor; and cutting-edge startups plotting to change the game.
Inman is seeking a part-time afternoon copy editor to join our fully-remote team. In this role, this editor will edit anywhere from 5-8 stories per shift from a roster of 8-10 reporters. While knowledge of the real estate industry is not required, an understanding of AP style and the ability to undertake deep structural edits on some stories is a must. The copy editor must be able to work on East Coast time.
The ideal candidate will be able to edit concisely and have prior experience using WordPress and a working knowledge of Photoshop or similar image editing software. Crafting sharp, SEO-friendly headlines is a plus, but the confidence to talk to reporters about edits, ask questions and request copy changes is a must.
- Available 20 hours per week in five 4-hour shifts (afternoon Eastern time)
- Edit 5-8 stories per four-hour shift
- Navigate WordPress and software such as Photoshop or Canva
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial team
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ years experience as a copy editor
- Strong organizational and personal time-management skills, self-starting
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Inman is an all-remote, equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive workplace environment.