Coordinator, Pharmacy I
REMOTE, UNITED STATES
It’s Time For A Change… Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
The Evolent Health pharmacy team is looking for a highly motivated, qualified, pharmacy technician to join the Pharmacy Operations team. We are looking for team members that possess high energy, a strong work ethic, integrity, who are kind and empathetic, have a sense of humor, and who enjoy working for a collaborative, team-oriented system. This position will also play key part of executing our strategic vision for our team. The Pharmacy Coordinator I will report to the Pharmacy Call Center department within Pharmacy Operations.
The Pharmacy Call Center position is responsible for answering calls from members (or authorized representative), pharmacies or providers and performing outgoing calls as needed to provide follow-up, consultation or guidance on prior authorization practices.
Pharmacy Call Center Responsibilities:
- Serve as direct member, pharmacy and/or provider contact for pharmacy benefit information, clinical determinations and program information.
- Coordinate and triage all pharmacy inquiries (i.e. phone, fax, correspondence, electronic media) and resolve all customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided.
- Function as liaison and subject matter expert related to client PBM systems and processes. Specifically related to drug utilization management, drug prior authorization and pharmacy claim adjudication.
- Obtain verbal prior authorization requests from member and/or prescribers while compiling and documenting accurate conversation details.
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions from external and/or internal partners.
- Constantly meet established productivity requirements, schedule adherence and quality standards.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment including scheduling flexibility with the ability to work evening and weekend hours, as necessary.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher;
- 1-2 years relevant experience;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Compassionate when dealing with patients; and
- Solid PC skills including MS Word.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT);
- Bilingual a plus
Skills and Behavioral Attributes:
- Ability to work independently and solve problems in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment;
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills;
- Strong customer focus with commitment to providing excellent customer service;
- Committed to a team-oriented work environment; and
- Strong work ethic built on a foundation of proactivity.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.