Conversation Designer at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how Brands and Consumers communicate. With over 18,000 customers including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled – whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
- You believe data-led decision making is the norm
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
In this role you will:
- Design effective, innovative, and delightful conversational experiences using user-centric design methodologies
- Work with major enterprise brands to understand their business goals, their customer personas and intents to define an automation roadmap
- Research and analyze intents and the associated customer journeys. Evaluate when bots are appropriate and in what form
- Create bot design documents, including bot personas, example dialogs, conversation flow diagrams, error handling patterns
- Define the intent portfolio for natural language understanding and how it maps in to conversation designs
- Review customer transcripts to identify gaps in the conversation design; modify design patterns to bridge those gaps
- Write copy suitable for automated conversations in the messaging medium
- Interpret bot performance metrics to hypothesize where design changes can be made and tested to drive specific goals
- Review and give feedback on designs from peers, including mentoring colleagues who may or may not be designers
- Create and evangelize conversation design best practice standards, reusable design patterns and processes
- Collaborate with LivePerson project managers, optimization managers, bot developers, and bot tuners to execute on bot implementation
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication to internal executives, C-level clients, partners, and team members
- Recommend resource allocation and identify all delivery needs and resources in line with customer requirements and desired outcomes
Preferred skills and experience:
- Significant experience in bot strategy, conversation design and optimization and can produce a portfolio of example work.
- We consider diverse backgrounds – you may be a UX designer with a knack for language, or a Communications/Linguistics major with a knack for design thinking, or a game designer with experience on dialogue systems, etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, having presented design thought leadership to diverse audiences, from client executives to technical team members
- Knowledge of Natural Language Understanding technologies and platforms such as Dialogflow, Watson, LUIS, etc. and how it impacts conversation designs
- Knowledge of messaging channels such as web messaging, SMS, Whatsapp, etc. and what the advantages and disadvantages are of each
- Contact center and/or customer service experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits plus flexible time off and free lunch on fridays. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!