Controller at Silverline
We at Silverline are passionate about what we do. We’re a diverse group of cloud technology professionals with the same goal: to make our clients’ lives easier through technology — and we have a good time while we’re at it! As a Salesforce Platinum Partner, Silverline combines Strategic Advisory, technical implementation services, and ongoing Managed Client Services to enable organizations to achieve maximum value with the Salesforce Platform. Silverline is consistently ranked one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work among small- and medium-size companies, among other accolades. Come be a part of our team!
Controller for a rapidly growing, private equity backed IT Services Provider. Based in the New York City, the company is seeking a talented, achievement focused Controller to join the team. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will manage the accounting functions for the Company.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. S/he will have technical accounting expertise and the ability to help manage the financial operations of the company. Initially leading a staff of 2, the Controller will ensure the timely production and accuracy of all financial reporting requirements, oversee accounting operations, and drive business process improvements to strengthen policies and internal controls.
- Manage all accounting department operations including proper revenue and cost recognition, working capital transaction management, liquidity and cash reporting, payroll processing
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Supervise and direct two accounting staff members
- Prepare and publish timely GAAP monthly internal financial statements on timely basis
- Supervise distribution of all internal management reports on timely basis
- Support month-end and year-end general ledger process using accounting software
- Manage independent auditor relationships and audit engagements to include annual tax planning, preparation, and filing
- Comply with state and federal government reporting requirements and filings
- Improve accounting and financial policies, procedures, internal controls, and documentation
- Streamline accounting processes using technology
- Maintain capital asset records and depreciation
- Assist in preparation of Board of Director presentations
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Controller or an Assistant Controller
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience with a track record of success and increasing responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a MBA required. CPA preferred.
- Experience with a Services business strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in implementing a new ERP/accounting software package
- Ability to institute and monitor internal controls and identify cost savings
- Ability to work with business and technical teams to ensure proper entry/capture of financial data at various points in the company’s business process
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with processing monthly internal financial statements and related balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong administration and organizational skills. Ability to solve problems autonomously
- Ability to lead accounting team and provide training as needed
- Strong communication skills, diligent, and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity and high performance standards in producing all reports and materials
- Knowledge of Quick Books software, including all functions and month end/year end closing process
- Strong skills in Google suite of software apps
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!