SAINT CHARLES, MO
This position can be structured as a REMOTE role, where the employee can work from home full-time, if they do not currently reside in the St. Louis metropolitan area. They will be required to travel to the St. Charles office once a month, for a couple of days. REMOTE work several days per week is an option for candidates who do reside in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
Salary: $60,000 to $80,000 DOE
Benefits: Full, comprehensive benefits package
Our client, a world leader in food, pharma and environmental laboratory testing, and a market leader in agroscience, genomics and product testing services, is currently hiring a Contracts Administrator on a full-time, direct-hire basis. This position includes a remote work option as detailed above.
The Contract Administrator will work as a member of the Contracts team to ensure contract terms meet company compliance requirements and business goals and standards through effective drafting, negotiation and coordination. This role is responsible for collaborating with various levels of the organization preparing contract documents that protect the interests of the company, and will serve as a liaison between operations, sales, client services and finance in the review, prioritization, and oversight of the contracting process to ensure prompt completion of the contract cycle. The Contract Administrator must efficiently manage a large volume and variety of contracts, coordinating numerous agreements simultaneously while identifying issues for manager support where appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews contracts to ensure accuracy of preparation of company contracts, necessary clauses; compliance with company requirements and all applicable laws are addressed.
- Reviews all terms of old contracts for compliance requirements to amend or advice sales.
- Attends meetings / calls for internal discussion on contract matters to resolve questions and find resolution.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure approvals and contract requirements are being addressed.
- Drafts, edits and negotiates various contracts confidentiality agreements, supply contracts, licenses, permits, Master Service Agreements (MSA) and MSA Amendments, etc, Material Transfer Agreements,
- Handles organization and maintenance of all company contracts.
- Uses an array of business software applications (e.g., Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint and company systems, DocuSign and new contract software systems.
- Performs final closeout of contracts, using DocuSign or wet ink and follows up.
- Follows up on redlines sent out to client or internal to ensure timeline and objectives are met.
- Flexible to do a variety of task as assigned, assist with mergers and acquisitions as related to contract process.
- Updates and maintains the Contract Work Order Request System in the company contract database – inputs new work order requests, send out confirmation emails to appropriate parties, update status of work order requests as needed.
- Facilitates integration of contracts from other sites into the Database and Work Flow Systems and coordinate contract management with other sites.
- Initiates recommendations for updates to company standard templates and assists in drafting new templates as needed by the business.
- Provides scheduled reporting and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Scientific or pharmaceutical experience a plus
- Hands-on experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts.
- In-house corporate experience a plus.
- Pharma Drug Discovery services industry experiences a plus.
- Patent and IP experience a plus.
- High level of responsiveness and exceptional customer service.
- Self-motivated individual who has the adaptability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual; possesses a ‘whatever it takes’ philosophy.
- Well-developed skills and knowledge base in the field of services contracts is essential.
- Strong analytic skills with ability to interpret complex information and adapt it as needed.
- Ability to change priorities dependent upon organizational need.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, be detail oriented, manage multiple contracts and projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving capability and out of the box thinking to ensure forward movement in contracting process.
- Has broad knowledge of legal principles and procedures as they relate to contracts.
- Excellent time management skills, proven success in fast paced environment
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university, preferably in related business field and/or Certificate from ABA approved paralegal school preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of contract administration experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and Post graduate Paralegal Certification
- Minimum 4 year of experience with contract review and negotiation, preferably in a corporate setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, SharePoint, Ultria Salesforce and other contract management processes.
- Administrative abilities, including document management.
- Self-starter with initiative who strives for excellence in work;
- Able to train others on contract process and reviewing of documents.
- Team player is a must
Located in major North American and global markets, Robert Half Legal is the premier provider of legal staffing and consulting solutions on a full-time, project, and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide project and eDiscovery teams and workspace for a wide range of initiatives, including litigation support, mergers and acquisitions and document review matters. Our dedicated teams’ industry experience allows us to quickly match skilled legal professionals with the best available jobs. We offer challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and skills-enhancement training.