Contract Project Manager at Bishop Fox
Contract Project Manager
- Location: U.S. Remote
We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or frozen waffle factories we’re right there, advising every bit of the way.
We’re searching for a contract project manager to coordinate internal practice development on a 3-6 month contract with the possibility for extension.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
You’re a go-getter seeking a new opportunity that will push you to grow. You can handle a number of complicated situations to get things done. Having several projects at once doesn’t fluster you in the slightest; you coordinate with a prowess that Mission Control would envy. For you, no job is too small. You take pride in what you do, and that is evident in everything you do.
Professionally, you have a few years under your belt as a project manager and you’re hungry to further your professional development. Your experience includes managing long-term projects, specifically for internal stakeholders.
Personally, you are a charming social butterfly who recognizes and believes in the value of relationship-building with your co-workers. You genuinely care about those you work with and strive to help them reach their goals with each project. You can anticipate needs before they manifest into reality. Additionally, you don’t back down from unforeseen challenges. In fact, you welcome them bring it on!
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Leading multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Developing and maintaining project plans, including documentation of project scope, objectives, deliverables, key milestones, timelines, schedules, internal resources, and project dashboards
- Planning out new initiatives using project management best practices and eliciting the needed information (goals, timelines, dependencies) from relevant stakeholders
- Participating in cross-functional teams to develop/ adapt processes, policies, and workflows to improve efficiency, accuracy, speed, quality, etc.
- Coordinating multi-faceted events, such as conferences and multi-day training events
- Developing team OKRs to align with customer success department goals
Your Education and Experience
In addition to the above, the following is a list of skills and traits that describe you. If you have most of these, we’d like to speak with you.
Work Experience and Education
- 5+ years of experience in managing projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
- A Project Manager Professional Certification (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification is a bonus
- Technical aptitude experience in IT, preferable cybersecurity, will help you to succeed
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development or IT
- Strong project management skills, including defining, organizing, planning, and executing projection from vision through implementation
- Experience with and use of industry recognized project management software
- Reporting experience and an aptitude for communicating status updates and roadblocks to leadership
- Excellent decision-making skills with an assertive and proactive communication style
- Strong analytical, triage, and problem-solving skills
- Careful attention to detail, accuracy, and follow up
- Self-motivation is key no one can push you farther than yourself
- Flexibility you can adopt to all kinds of (sometimes strange) situations with ease
This position is fully remote, so candidates across the country are welcome to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!