Contract Attorney at Fragomen
Title: Contract Attorney
Fragomen Los Angeles is hiring a number of Contract Attorney’s with business immigration experience and exceptional writing skills to provide support to one of our legal teams. This role is set to run for an initial period of 90 days, with a strong possibility of extending longer. There will also be an opportunity for this to turn into a full time, regular position for top performers. We will consider applicants from anywhere in the US and this position can be 100% remote.
A Contract Attorney position at Fragomen gives you the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated and diverse peer group. Our exclusive focus on immigration means you will practice in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging environment with people who are passionate about immigration. Working in a collegial, team-oriented environment, Fragomen Associates learn from the industry’s leading experts. Our firm commitment to quality and best practices is supported by technological innovation that benefits our clients and staff.
As a Contract Attorney at Fragomen, you will:
- Conduct in depth research to support client requests and projects
- Draft and prepare letters and legal documents, typically based on established precedents
- Develop expert level understanding of your client base and industries that you support
- Partner with colleagues to resolve client issues, share information and support client projects
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural, case processing issues and case strategy
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s practice areas and services provided
- Assess eligibility of corporate foreign national employees for non-immigrant and immigrant visa status in the United States.
- Work with client global mobility personnel and the office of general counsel to prepare petitions and applications for submission to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL) for non-immigrant and immigrant status for foreign national employees.
- Support clients in immigration program management and compliance.
Let’s talk if you have the following:
- U.S. JD required
- RFE Response, PERM, H1-B experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!