Content Writer at Prowess Consulting
Title: Content Writer
- Location: United States
WHO WE ARE
Prowess is a Seattle-based technology consulting firm that specializes in helping the largest enterprise technology companies define, manage and market their technology-based solutions and services. We take great pride in investing the time necessary to gain a deep understanding of our customer’s technology, their customers, and the stories and strategies they need to tell to be successful in the market. Our team of technology and marketing experts is immersed in the technology trends that affect our clients’ business, so we can add value at every stage of engagement to help them succeed.
WHO YOU ARE
Prowess Consulting is looking for a Content Writer to join our growing team. You will have experience in the production of content for the blog from its inception through various drafts and stakeholder reviews. This role can be worked remotely from anywhere in the United States, however, the work hours will be in the Pacific time zone.
- Develop blog publishing plans for stories and other communications content based on input, planning, and direction from the Director of Communications.
- This includes end-to-end oversight of the production of content for the blog from its inception through various drafts and stakeholder reviews. This may include brainstorming story ideas and talking with subjects to find the right angle to take with a particular story.
- Drive and coordinate the handoff process between the Director of Communications, blog team, interested parties, and stakeholders.
- Manage content schedules to ensure work is completed in a timely manner and time is allocated appropriately.
- Ensure a high quality of writing, which includes striking an appropriate balance between timely reporting and providing a unique angle that differs from other public relations venues for the same information.
- 5 years of journalism experience, preferably in high tech
- Passion for technology and the ability to quickly ramp up and learn about new and emerging technology
- Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and quickly grasping complex new technology
- Expertise teasing out the compelling, credible angle on a story to drive reader interest, as demonstrated by work samples
- Excellent writing, communication, and planning skills
- Commitment to producing high-quality work on deadline
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and managing several rounds of review
- An analytical mind and inquisitiveness to follow genuine news stories
- Experience and or willingness to ghostwrite for executives or key stakeholders
- Must have stellar organizational skills and be able to work with a level of ambiguity
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!