Content Writer at World Relief
Content Writer (Temporary, Part-Time)
- Job Category: HO Marketing
- Requisition Number: CONTE03045
- Posting Details
- Rate: $30 USD per hour
The content writer will be a central part of the World Relief marketing team. He/she will write and develop content for various communication and marketing materials, including both printed collateral and digital media. The ideal candidate will be adept at creating compelling content (blog posts, newsletters, email appeals, web copy, etc.) and should have a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement and drive leads. The content writer will be expected to deliver well-researched and accurate content on an often tight deadline.
This position requires a high level of creativity. Excellent writing, spelling, editing, proofing, and grammar skills are essential to the role. Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio, bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience. Knowledge of the Storybrand framework is a plus.
- Write and develop copy for blog, newsletter, email, direct mail, and web
- Edit and proofread all digital and print content before final publication
- Work with World Relief staff contributors to ghostwrite or co-author content for blog
- Curate and polish stories from the field to populate Storybank
- Research and organize information for potential content opportunities
- Learn and utilize the basic tenants of the Storybrand framework for sales content writing
- Interview volunteers and other stakeholders as needed
- Brainstorm with the content team to develop new content ideas and strategies
- Collaborate with the content team and relevant content stakeholders as needed
- Assist with the management and population of the content calendar
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is a plus
- Study in creative writing, journalism, English, or related field preferred
- Personal Christian Faith and a heart for serving vulnerable people
- Committed to Mission, Vision, and Values of World Relief
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to navigate cross-cultural communication
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear
- General office setting.
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required.
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!