Content Writer at U.S. LawShield
Content Writer (Remote/ Work From Home)
- United States
- Full Time
The Content Writer is a social media writer that creates “short-form” lead lines that engage our audience to want more and look forward to another post from our organization. The Content Writer is able to develop a concept for each piece and may develop campaigns over time on given subjects. This role is able to think and execute with words and images that will create subject-relevant stopping power among the “noise” of social media. They are executing the company’s publishing plan on an intraday, daily and weekly basis and help us gain followers, likes, and shares among all audiences including prospects, members, facilities, instructors, employees and potential employees.
- Produce well-researched content for publication online and in print.
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the organization’s mission to inspire ideas and content
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Develop, write, and deliver persuasive content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results
- Research markets and industries to create content that is innovative and original
- Create eye-catching and innovative headlines
- Collaborate with campaign managers, creative team, and designers
- 3+ years of professional writing experience, especially with digital platforms
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- Impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions
- Strict adherence to the company style guides, branding, and policies for publication
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Use a variety of writing and publishing programs, such as Microsoft Office, G Suite, and WordPress.
- Proven experience working under pressure to deliver high quality output in a short span of time
- Knowledge and/or deep appreciation for self-defense rights, law-abiding gun ownership, the U.S. Constitution, and founding principles of the U.S.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English, journalism, communications or other relevant field preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Employer contributed medical insurance w/additional options available
- Optional Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- License to Carry (LTC) Training provided
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!