Content Writer for interactive online courses
- Content Development
Mindojo, developing intelligent educational technology and operating on behalf of Bloomberg LP and The Economist, is looking for a talented content writer for online courses (full/part-time).
The courses we’ve launched to date, preparing candidates for the CFA, GMAT and GRE exams, have quickly become popular and the most powerful online prep options in their respective markets, with astonishing student outcomes of both exam results and time savings. We expect similar success with our upcoming courses.
You will join a brilliant team of professional content developers with a knack for teaching, to develop interactive lessons and exam-style questions. You will peer-review other authors’ content and contribute to the overall course design and pedagogical guidelines. After the course launches, you will utilize students’ learning data (via smart suggestions provided by our platform) and other types of feedback, to evolve your content toward unprecedented levels of efficacy. As a very strong performer, you will have various promotion opportunities within the entire content development department.
We’d like to hear from a candidate who has:
- Significant experience in teaching/instruction (of any topic) or in educational content development.
- Strong academic background.
- A love of learning new topics across many disciplines.
- An ability to clearly explain anything that you understand, tailored to the specific learner that’s in front of you.
- Solid organizational skills and self-motivation to successfully meet deadlines.
- Perfect written and verbal English.
- At least 30 hrs/week to work with us.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll write short and engaging lessons covering the curriculum of various courses across higher education, professional certification courses, and test-prep. You’re not expected to have prior knowledge of these topics, but rather will rely on traditional curriculum as reference for developing original, interactive content.
- You’ll “unlearn” the traditional approach to curriculum development and adapt to our non-linear, choose-your-own-adventure content style.
- You’ll teach complex and even occasionally dry topics in a way that seems easy and engaging.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with significant bonuses based on the quality and productivity of your work.
- An energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly team of colleagues.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home/anywhere.
- Various promotion opportunities.
Let’s speak soon
The Mindojo team