Seeq is seeking a content writer with a technical background. Seeq is an advanced analytics application for use by engineers, scientist, and subject matter experts in the analysis of data specific to process manufacturing and utilities. Seek is venture funded and growing rapidly, and while its official headquarters are in Seattle, Washington, it is a virtual company so every employee lives and works where they are, across United States as well as in Asia and Europe.
Seeq is seeking a technical writer with at least 3-5 years of writing experience in the areas of emerging software technologies, business to business communication, and marketing content. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in three subject matter areas: Seeq customers, use cases, and technologies specific to Seeq’s target market. Seeq customers include all process manufacturing industries such as oil & gas, renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, and pulp and paper. Use cases for Seeq include predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, diagnostic analytics, asset optimization, and plant efficiency. Technologies relevant to Seeq include innovations in computer science such as machine learning, cloud computing, and big data.
Candidates should have a portfolio of writing samples of various types representing their efforts and an appropriate and polished public profile (LinkedIn, etc.). The selected candidate will be energetic and self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude who enjoys new challenges, is a self-starter, and wishes to be part of a results-oriented team. Strong communication and organization skills are also critical traits for success in a virtual team environment.
- Writing technical content which includes (1) interviewing subject matter experts, (2) writing, editing and proofreading text and (3) working with vendors and coworkers to define appropriate graphics (digital photographs, screen capture images, line drawings and diagrams) to accompany text
- Effective writing of materials of various types to various audiences including:
- Customer newsletters (150 – 300 words)
- Prospects and customers
- Web content for SEO
- Blog posts (800 words)
- Online articles (800 – 1600 words)
- Marketing collateral/summaries (200 – 600 words)
- White papers (2500 – 4000 words)
- Solution briefs (1500 words)
- Partner marketing newsletters and materials (400 – 800 words)
- Newsletters (800 words)
- Partner with internal subject matter experts to understand audiences, technologies and use cases and set criteria for content
- Manage effective communications with executives, management, and vendors
- Maintain publishing calendar with accurate and updated information (Confluence)
- Coordinate with team members for graphics, web, and PR efforts in document creation
- Balance technical acumen and creative thinking in creation of compelling customer-facing content and materials
- Ensure consistency with style guide in content development and project execution
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2-4 years of technical writing experience
- Track record of timely, high quality, and relevant technical content
- Ability to handle deadlines and remain highly organized while delivering multiple pieces of content at the same time
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership on assigned tasks
- Must have strong writing, editing, organizational and communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong experience using industry-standard tools such as MS Office
- Curious, enthusiastic learner who can translate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Ability and willingness to work with engineers and other co‑workers in a cooperative team environment.
- Highly motivated with the ability to learn quickly and to exceed expectations
- Access to workspace with high speed internet to support virtual team environment
- Experience working with virtual teams and/or management a plus