Work Location: National
Job Code: 2347
Location – Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, Miami, Seattle, St. Louis
Are you passionate about telling stories through great writing? Does the intersection of business and technology interest you? Then join the National Marketing team at Centric Consulting.
We are looking for a creative, innovative and flexible content writer who can contribute to the growth and success of our brand initiatives. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to write and edit articles on a wide range of topics, work with teams and individuals on building their online presence and help grow our social media communities.
Our ideal candidate will collaborate across marketing, service offering teams and local business units to create content that positions us as a thought leader demonstrating our expertise and unique perspectives, while helping attract potential clients. The Content Writer will also be expected to edit articles written by subject matter experts and provide guidance on their writing, as needed.
With an established editorial calendar and process in place, we’re looking for someone who’s ready to dive in immediately to produce and publish content for our brand!
What you’ll do:
- Produce well-written and grammatically accurate content on deadline.
- Create engaging, impactful content such as website copy, client stories, blog posts, articles, white papers, and email newsletters that communicate complex business and technology topics in a simple, thought-provoking manner.
- Research markets, competitors and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original.
- Collaborate with leadership and respective teams to brainstorm and develop new content ideas with an understanding of business objectives, market dynamics and trends, and targeted audiences.
- Optimize online content for SEO purposes.
- Help maintain the national editorial and social media calendar.
- Educate teams and serve as a trusted marketing resource when it comes to writing, editing, sharing content, and social media.
- Proofread and edit content produced by other team members as needed.
- Handle content request process, approval workflows, deadlines and deliverables.
- Apply an editorial eye to ensure that all written materials are typo-free, clear, concise, flow well and meet AP style and brand guidelines.
Who you are:
- Creative thinker, writer and marketer
- Passionate about business and technology writing
- Fixated on wordsmithing, brand consistency, and deadlines
- Excellent interviewer and communicator, both written and verbal
- Known for multitasking, prioritizing, and managing your time
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Thrive working independently or as an active member of a team
- Comfortable thinking on your feet and working through ambiguity
- Solid interpersonal skills, with experience working with company leadership
What you’ll need:
- Proven writing experience with a background in journalism or marketing, and relevant content examples on business and technology topics. Writing samples are required.
- Experience working in B2B environments
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field required
- Experience in content management systems such as WordPress and photo-editing software
- Familiarity with SEO/ SEM and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools
- Ability to align to multiple brand strategies and ideas
- Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills.
- An eye for design able to spec out and communicate design needs for webpages, blogs, white papers, social media, etc.
- Proficient with computer (Microsoft Office Suite) and web tools.
- Experience with social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Flexibility – This is a full-time, work-from-home position, which means you are welcome to work wherever you wish be it Starbucks or your home office.
- Growth opportunities – As a mid-size firm, Centric has more flexibility when it comes to career paths. Figure out what you want to do, and we’ll figure out how to get you there.
- Special culture – Hands down, the people are the best part of Centric. But you shouldn’t take our word on it check us out on Glassdoor, Linkedin, Facebook or Twitter to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
- Network of technology champions – There’s no fun in being the only geek in the room. Centric celebrates all things tech. For example, we hold a yearly gathering called Camp I/O. In the vein of TEDx talks, Camp I/O is an opportunity for technology-minded people across Centric to get together and show off what they can do when not constrained by client requirements and platforms.