Content Strategist and Managing Editor at Jimdo
Content Strategist & Managing Editor (m/f/d)
- Remote Worldwide
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help usby designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
Jimdo is a global company and we are proud to work with people of 50+ nationalities that are working from 19 countries. We are happy to continue our journey and broaden the geographies of presence.We are happy to invite you to work from any location where you are eligible to work from. All the local labor regulations will be applied (local currency, taxation, contractual terms, public holidays, etc.)
Wherever your working location will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
You will develop, assign, write and edit content across a broad range of micro and small business topics. You are an idea-generating writer and editor who is deeply passionate about helping micro and small businesses, using data and SEO insights to inform story ideation, and who can seamlessly integrate product features into content, and come ready to brainstorm big ideas to grow the Jimdo brand.
- To be the creative visionary for organic content, owning both strategy and execution.
- To act as editor-in-chief of our editorial presence and oversee the editorial plan, lead pitch meetings, and manage freelancers as well as team members.
- To identify and collaborate with the Jimdo procurement team to hire a pool of new freelance writers to create the content from the strategy that you will create.
- To manage all internal and external content resources, agencies, and freelancers from briefing through final production.
- To take a practical and creative approach to SEO (You are a savant at targeting keywords but also write beautifully).
- To partner with other teams across our organization (product managers, SEO, social, brand marketing, email lifecycle, and other teams) to make on-strategy, data-driven content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or English; Masters preferred.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of editorial experience, as well as experience within a content agency, or in an editorial role at a brand.
- Impeccable editing skills with a sharp eye for evaluating accuracy, substance, sourcing, writing, style quality, and more.
- You have a passion for service journalism.
- you are enthusiastic about helping readers make informed choices and getting them the information they need to be successful.
- Business fluency in German and English
Fareed will be happy to receive your application in English or in German.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.