Content Strategist at Matador Network
Location: US Locations Only; Part-Time; 100% Remote
Matador Network is looking for a Content Strategist with great analytic skills, an editorial background, and an excellent grasp of SEO best practices. In this part-time, remote, contract role, you’ll work closely with our editorial team to provide smart, detailed guidance to editors working on new articles and updating existing ones. The Content Strategist will work closely with the Director of Editorial to develop research-based content plans and article briefs.
Things you will be ROCKING:
- Identifying what makes travel content successful/useful and translating that into actionable guidance for writers.
- Analyzing existing content, content plans, keywords, and competitors to inform and create detailed article briefs with SEO and editorial best practices in mind.
- Monitoring and growing our website traffic by implementing dialed strategies across email subscribers, social media, SEO, and strategic content distribution partnerships with 3rd parties.
- Reviewing articles and identifying opportunities to consolidate or clarify information, improve presentation, and eliminate any redundancies.
- Maintaining strong relationships and frequent communication with editorial staff and freelance editors.
- Monitoring and growing our website traffic by developing dialed content strategies.
You excel at:
- Executing data-driven analysis of content performance and adapting strategy accordingly.
- Working independently and accurately.
- Doing competitive research.
- Building traffic on competitive keywords, front-end SEO, trending content strategies, and tapping into the internet “zeitgeist.”
- Experience working on SEO or content strategy for a digital publisher (or similar).
- A passion for trending topics and traffic-driving strategies.
- Strong editorial instinct and confidence around what makes content successful, and you excel at figuring out the most effective way to organize and present information.
- Experience in at least a few of the following areas: travel, food, music, events, adventure, outdoors, breaking news.
- Deep knowledge of Google Analytics and SEMrush (or similar SEO tool).
Nuts and bolts:
- Part-time hourly independent contractor with monthly compensation.
- Role will start at approximately 20 hours per week.
- Remote position (i.e., working from your home office). This is a permanent feature of the job, regardless of the course of the COVID pandemic.
Go for it!
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and hourly salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Content Strategist in the subject line.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!