Content Specialist at John Wiley & Sons
Req Id: 40401
Wiley Education Services uniquely understands the process of designing and implementing innovative learning experiences and comprehensive solutions that address today’s higher education challenges. We provide education solutions, including online program management services for higher education institutions and course management tools for instructors and students. Through trusted collaborative relationships, Wiley Education Services also provides innovative content, technology, services, and insights that support its education partners to achieve improved institutional performance and learners to achieve their goals.
At Wiley, we are passionate about the success of our partners, their students and each of our team members. We believe that our core values, ownership mentality and personal connection make us a pre-eminent organization in higher education. If you are passionate about education and have the desire to help people succeed, then we want to meet you and hear your story.
We are seeking a digital content and media specialist with a passion and love for building and designing web properties and brands. The Content Specialist role will be tasked with helping to plan the content and media strategy of newly acquired and developed properties to prepare them for marketing to consumers. This role is ideal for an entrepreneurial and imaginative professional who enjoys building new products and brands from the ground up and taking a hands-on approach to their work. This role works directly with creative services teams as well as marketing experts in areas such as SEO, Media, and Content Marketing to build a diverse brand presence and optimize properties for a live market environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop a content and media strategy for new web properties and brands to target key consumer audiences.
- Optimize and prepare collateral for live environments on web properties.
- Collaborate with marketing teams and professionals to help leverage expert insights on marketing strategy.
- Conduct market research in areas such as SEO, Content, and user behavior to audit and adjust existing properties and brands to maximize performance.
- Generate new content collateral and resources to fill strategic gaps and expand web properties.
- Collaborate across channels and disciplines to ensure that collateral is being created and positioned appropriately in line with top level strategy
- Responsible for monitoring the KPIs and performance metrics of the content marketing strategy and property collateral
- Responsible for mastering and maintaining an expertise in content and media marketing trends as well as staying on top of SEO and search industry best practices
- Responsible for ongoing tactic development associated with content creation, optimization, and promotion.
- Education: Bachelor’s in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or Technology.
- Experience: Minimum 5-8 years of professional experience in either content marketing, social media, SEO, or digital marketing.
Ideal Candidate Traits:
- Must be a collaborative team-player with solutions-oriented mindset and an innate entrepreneurial spirit
- Effective negotiator comfortable with analyzing opportunities and arranging ideal outcomes for the company
- Strong research skills able to prospect and qualify advertising opportunities at a rapid pace
- Possesses a strong knowledge of on-page SEO and its relationship with content marketing
- Strong understanding of search signals including backlinks, social media, and keywords.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and adhere to tight deadlines with minimal oversight
- Must be flexible in responding to organizational changes and business priorities
- Must embrace change and enjoy learning new platforms, programs, etc.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!