Content Producer at HelpDocs
Classifications: Remote Freelance
At HelpDocs we build documentation software that helps companies scale their customer support. We serve over 170 million pages a month for companies of all sizes. From Fortune 100 companies down to fledgling 2-people-in-a-garden-shed startups (true story).
We’re making knowledge bases (traditionally dull and unloved) into something you’ll actually want to update. One that helps customers find what they’re looking for. Ultimately that means happier customers and lower churn.
We’re a fully remote, bootstrapped, profitable team that’s growing fast. The vast majority of our growth so far has been organic. We grow by building a good product and writing interesting things.
As a Content Producer (Written) on the Customer Education team you’ll be working closely with the company founders to write long-form blog posts, guides, website copy, and other educational content for our users.
About the role
The main responsibilities of this role:
- Write 1500+ word story-based blog posts about your experiences, customer support, startups, and remote life
- Identify and act on opportunities to do partner marketing (e.g. guest posts, etc.)
- Write research-driven guides and other long-form educational content to educate our users
- Update our website copy to optimize for SEO and readability
- Design and improve customer onboarding sequences
- Keep our help documentation up to date in response to customer queries and new features
- Create content for social media (including sourcing interesting articles to share)
As a member of a small team you’ll also need to get stuck into things outside your wheelhouse. Here’s some examples of tasks you might be asked to do as part of your role:
- Answering user queries by email
- Creating short screencast and talking head videos
- Run live video demos to explain the product in its entirety to prospective users
- ~ 28 paid vacation days per year. Take the time you need to be healthy and happy. We’re not counting—this is honor based.
- One fully-paid team retreat. We’ll go somewhere nice for a week and HelpDocs’ll pick up all your expenses.
- $300/m healthcare stipend toward private health insurance
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- $70/m towards a gym membership or other fitness activities
- $300/m for a coworking membership. If you hate coworking take $150/m to fund your coffee shop habit.
- $1500 equipment allowance given every 3 years.
The range for this role is $45-65k per year. We don’t pay on location. We have bands based on experience. You’ll be retained as a full-time consultant and responsible for your own taxes.
- You have a personality and you’re not afraid to show it
- You’re fluent (like a native) in English and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You communicate thoughtfully and inclusively. You take what others say with positive intent. Even if you think they’re being an asshole.
- You see diversity and inclusion as something to be celebrated. Something non-negotiable. That translates to the language you choose, your attitude towards other people, and to your deliverables at work.
- You’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty in different areas of the business
- You thrive on direct feedback, positive and negative, and are constantly working to be the best you can be. You’re happy giving direct feedback too.
- You’re happiest working remotely and have been doing so for at least a year
- You have experience communicating asynchronously across timezones through tools like Twist, Threads, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- You’re passionate about your work and customer-focused
- You have access to rock-solid high speed internet and love showing your face on video calls with the team and customers
- You want to treat HelpDocs as your full time role, you aren’t currently studying, and you don’t want this as a side gig alongside another role or freelancing.
- You have 1+ year(s) experience writing content professionally (ideally for a SaaS company)
- You’re excellent at turning complex ideas into simple words to explain to users
- You’re comfortable working with SEO tools like Ahrefs and know how to get great results without resorting
- You have a lot of ideas for content and have a passion for writing in general
- You use inclusive language in your writing by default
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!