Content Marketing Manager at How to Cake It
Are you passionate about the cross-section of digital content and commerce?
Do brands in the ever-growing food and baking vertical excite you? If you are an experienced Content Marketer who is obsessed with social media and advertising, then come join our growing team. With a community of 12 million baking lovers (and growing!), we aim to be their one-stop-shop for educational content, products, and inspiration.
How To Cake It is where baking meets entertainment. We aim to provide baking & sweets enthusiasts with the tools they need to be a better, more creative baker – products, ingredients, live tutorials, online courses, and inspiring content. Our brand is a leader in bridging content with commerce and a hub for some of the world’s top baking talents. We are passionate about making the lives of our community a little sweeter and providing them with the best content and product offerings in the food/baking space, along with experts they can love and trust to provide a guiding hand.
Why this role exists:
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to support our Director of Digital Marketing. This role will be responsible for the strategy, planning, project management, and distribution of content marketing, with a focus on social media content. You’ll collaborate with the Lead Editor & Content Creator on content creation, manage a coordinator, and liaise with the Content Production Manager on execution.
What’s in it for me?
The opportunity to collaborate across the team and contribute directly to our content marketing strategy on social media. You’ll have ownership of your domain and have the chance to work directly with the Director of Marketing to level up your skills and contribute in a big way to How To Cake It’s mission of becoming a premier, global brand where baking meets entertainment.
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing, min. 2 years at a management level and overseeing multiple platforms for a company with a significant following
- Obsession with social media and understanding all features on our key platforms – Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, and Pinterest
- Exceptional content marketing writing skills and appetite for learning
- You will increase and maintain How To Cake It’s position as a leader in creating content across all platforms that engage, builds an audience, adds value, and converts
- You will take initiative in exhibiting and understanding relevant best practices on our chosen platforms
- You will consistently stand abreast of trends in the sweet space so as to develop content our community is excited about
- You will provide a consistent output of entertaining, educational, and high-value content that appeals to baking and sweets enthusiasts
Core Competencies / Hard Skills:
- Deeply driven to understand audience needs and behaviors
- Light up at the idea of creating content that positively impacts people’s day to day lives
- Strong project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, specifically in the areas of baking
- Proficient understanding of content production
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in content management software (Later, Foursixty, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in Asana, Slack, Google Drive, Google Analytics
- Willing to learn
Comp Range: $70-75K CAD
Benefits: None, but coming soon
Location: remote – Canada and potentially U.S.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!