Content Manager at Humane League
at The Humane League
Full-Time- Location: US, Remote
WHO WE ARE
The Humane League is an international animal protection organization ending the abuse of animals raised for food. At The Humane League, we foster a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, The Humane League has strategically positioned itself for growth. We are currently a team of 80+ committed individuals, dispersed across the country and the world. We are looking for a Content Manager to build our visibility, discoverability, and thought leadership (in partnership with others)bringing an editorial approach and an aligned content strategy and calendar to the entire organization.
We want you because you have a mission and values-centered approach to your life and your work. You are ideal for this position because you have professional experience in: editorial management, content planning, writing and editing, and SEO. You are also a highly organized and detail-oriented person, with both a qualitative and quantitative (metric- and results-oriented) mindset, and a commitment to our cause.
Your position is pivotal in ensuring that The Humane League is an impactful storyteller, with a strong and aligned narrative (at any given point in time) across the organization’s external communications. This position reports to the VP, Communications.
This is a full-time, remote position based in the US. This position requires occasional travel, this is equivalent to approximately 2-3 trips per year. We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and own our content strategy, ensuring we have an aligned content focus, cadence, and workflow across the organization at any given point in time.
- Partner with other departments to plan out content in advancealigned with the overall content strategy.
- Expand upon, and manage, our editorial content calendar, in partnership with other Communications and cross-functional team members.
- Deliver and/or partner on creating always-on content briefs for campaigns and one-off initiatives.
- Set production schedules for video, design, and written content in-line with our content calendar, including collaborating with other teams to get all the information needed for design/video to effectively and efficiently start a project.
- Oversee the narrative of our website, ensuring we have a holistic and considered approach to content updates and additions, in partnership with other Communications team members, our Tech team, and other staff.
- Create, lead, and implement our SEO strategy.
- Stay on top of content trends and buzzworthy news, in partnership with our social media team, for responsive and timely content creation.
- Co-create, write, and/or edit content for flagship projects, in partnership with other teams, such as our quarterly and annual reports, Development Campaigns, and more.
- Serve as a final editor on content across projects and verticals.
- Manage a small team of direct reports, supporting them with their goals, personal development, and overall contribution to THL and our movement.
- A proven track record in marketing communications and editorial content management and creation.
- Superb verbal and written communications skills, with a keen eye for grammar.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others in a remote work environment and in person.
- Experience in managing and creating copy for digital and print.
- Familiarity with design and video production.
- Notable project management experience.
- Seasoned practice working in a CMS (e.g. Contentful, WordPress).
- Proven SEO expertise.
- A keen eye for details and accountabilityfrom deadlines, to copy edits.
- Experience managing and leading others.
- Fluency in English.
- Working familiarity with the AP Stylebook.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, and/or journalism.
- Experience with Asana, or a similar Project Management tool.
- Experience working in editorial publishing.
- Experience creating fundraising content.
Starting salary $56,900, additional consideration to commensurate with experience.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation time, room for advancement, and a supportive environment at The Humane League!
At The Humane League (THL), animal welfare is at the forefront of our everyday work. As such, many of our staff are vegan by personal choice, and all of our THL-hosted events offer fully vegan menus. We welcome all mission-aligned candidates to apply, no matter where you are in your journey to end the abuse of animals raised for food.
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!