Content Manager at Higher Education
Content Manager – HigherEducation.com
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance:
HigherEducation, a Red Ventures company, is the market leader in driving high-intent prospective online students for colleges and universities in the United States. Core to H-E’s capabilities is the ability to manage and develop content for education-oriented websites to capture organic traffic.
At H-E, we’re looking for content managers who have a sharp editorial eye, possess the skills of a product manager, and can work in tandem with the company’s marketing verticals to develop the best content on the web for the education vertical.
Join a team that powers the largest marketplace of high-intent prospective students in the US, and do meaningful work that helps connect prospective students with cost-effective paths to higher education. Our team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to content creators, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop editorial strategies and content products
- Write high-quality and well researched content specifications, instructional documents for our network of freelance writers
- Brainstorm new content types and ideate topics
- Work in a content production process that balances speed, quality, and scalability
- Ensure overall content quality by maintaining our in-house tone and voice standards
- Work closely with H-E’s marketing team to track content success and determine ways to further optimize content
- Assign content specifications to H-E’s contract writer team and process assignments as they come back
- Update pages in H-E’s internal wiki as needed to keep resources and data up to date
- Add new pages to H-E’s internal wiki to shore up any gaps in documentation
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 3 years of experience with digital content, content research, and/or editing
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and ability to persuade audiences
- A portfolio of excellent written content (digital portfolios and blogs welcome)
- SEO experience
- Experience developing editorial calendars, content workflows, content training programs, or similar deliverables
- Basic experience in coding, such as HTML or wiki markup
- Experience managing freelance writers or editors
A Red Ventures Brand:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!