Content Engineer at Simple A
- Type: Full Time
- Min. Experience Mid Level
- Remote, USA
We are looking for content engineers to help make the world smarter with intelligent content.
[A] seeks motivated candidates with experience in some of the following areas. This is a client-facing role and we’re looking for candidates with a mix of content development and enablement experience in some of the following content disciplines:
- Content Structure (content modeling, markup, schema, DITA, XML)
- Content “Interchange” (metadata, XSLT, XML Processors and Parsers)
- Content Operations (CMS / CEM Tools, Content acquisition tools)
This is not a content-development position. It is geared toward creating and supporting content models and tooling around content structure and transformation.
This role is NOTfocused on Content Semantics (controlled vocabularies, ontology taxonomy). Having familiarity with Content Semantics is great to have, but the job responsibilities for this role line up much more closely with the principles of content structure, interchange, and operations.
The Content Engineer will work with our practice to craft intelligent content structure for multi-channel marketing and increase the value of semantically rich content. You will participate in, or lead, client projects surrounding customer experience management and personalization.
You’ll define content structure, metadata, content reuse planning, taxonomy, and other content relationships. This includes implementation for authoring experience and for CEM / CMS platforms such as Sitecore, Kentico, SDL Tridion Docs, and Nuxeo.
This is a remote job that can be done from anywhere in North America (we are unable to consider candidates in the states of CA, MA or NY at this time.)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Supporting structured authoring through building content models, taxonomies and metadata definitions
- Defining XML Schemas and DITA specializations
- Configuring and integrating XML components (parsers, XSLT processors, etc) into application environments
- Customizing and optimizing authoring experience
- Leading client discovery onsite, gathering details and organized data about the current state and desired future state
- Educating clients on the value of intelligent content, workflows around Content Engineering, and related topics meant to build a client’s internal resources and capabilities
- Bridging the gap for clients between content strategy, the CMS platforms, operations, and other customer experience technologies
- Collaborate on information architecture and UX prototyping
- Determine schema strategy and structural rules
Skills We Are Looking For
We are looking for somebody who is experienced in some of the following:
- Experience creating content using structured authoring systems (XML or other) integrated with a Component Content Management System (CCMS).
- Content modeling and Information Architecture
- Knowledge of one or more schema definition languages (DTD, XSD, RNG)
- Familiarity with traditional publishing platforms and methodologies (FrameMaker, InDesign, other layout tools)
- Experience with any/all of the following: content management systems (CMS), customer experience management systems (CEM)
- Collaborating across distributed teams
Cultural Fit at [A]:
- You love learning, you love teaching.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you.
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better.
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind-the-scenes.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You work alone well but communicate well within a team.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!