Content Editor – Medical Publications at Wolters Kluwer
Title: Content Editor – Medical Publications
Location: United States
The Content Editor- Medical Publications is responsible for managing the quality of Audio Digest print and online content following established processes and protocols and includes the review of written summaries against recorded audio lectures. Content Editors are the main internal point of contact for Audio Digest text content. As such, they provide feedback to freelancers and vendors regarding content quality and manage the schedule from submission to print and online deliveries following established workflows and turnaround time expectations.
***This position will work from a remote home office and can be based anywhere in the U.S.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Following established procedures, managing and coordinating the preparation and tracking of all Audio Digest content for successful and timely distribution to print and digital publication channels.
- Performs copyediting and proofreading of written materials:
- Checks that each project communicates clearly with the target audience;
- Flags missing structural elements or inadequate discussion;
- Highlights problems with logic and style;
- Ensures accuracy and consistency of terminology;
- Rephrases sentences to ensure conciseness, clarity, smooth transitions, and within-paragraph flow;
- Checks formatting to ensure style tags are correctly applied from document template;
- Checks that educational objectives are well written, correspond to the major points in the lectures, and relate to the test questions;
- Checks questions for accuracy, degree of difficulty, logic, and spelling; and,
- Confirms answer options are written in parallel language.
- Also responsible for the quality of all content deliverables, including both print and digital.
- Primary day-to-day communication with editorial team, freelancers, and vendors. Responsible for strict adherence to schedules.
- Manages and monitors production schedules.
- Communicates status of content at all stages through delivery of content to print and posting final content to electronic platforms.
- Confirms that all material is complete, accurate, and meets our quality expectations.
- Resolves and responds to subscribers’ comments regarding test questions
- Resolves issues quickly and keep production process moving.
- Ensures that all changes or additions adhere to the style guidelines and keeps production process moving.
- Monitors production costs and tracks additional cost-saving initiatives.
- Responsible for performing quality review of online postings.
- Other Duties: Participates in training and rollout of new initiatives and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Biology, or Journalism preferred, or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years’ experience in writing and/or editing; experience working in medical publications preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook scheduling skills.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience working with vendors and freelancers.
- Strong organizational, communication, and follow-up skills.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!