Content Developer – System Administration and Infrastructure at Offensive Security Services
Content Developer; System Administration and Infrastructure
at Offensive Security
About Offensive Security
Offensive Security (OffSec) is the world’s most trusted provider of cyber security training and certification. Our rigorous training programs are industry-standard and our certified alumni highly sought-after. We help businesses, government, and educational institutions become more secure. We help individuals enter or advance their careers in cyber security.
Built upon the belief that the only way to achieve sound defensive security is to take an offensive approach, we help people develop the Try Harder mindset with hands-on, real-world like labs, and equip them with the skills to succeed in tackling the challenges of cyber security in everyday life and work. Our mission is to empower the world to fight cyber threats by inspiring the Try Harder mindset.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
About the Job
Offensive Security is looking for a results-oriented Content Developer; System Administration and Infrastructure to join our international team. The Content Developer will be responsible for writing, developing and refreshing content for our online introductory topics and learning paths. The successful candidate will have familiarity with Offensive Security course materials and experience in the defensive area as a technical consultant or internal team member.
We are looking for someone who is creative, detail-oriented, and has the ability to work remotely with minimal supervision.
Duties and responsibilities
- Content creation is the primary duty which includes drafting topic outlines and writing content.
- Development is expected to be performed, which includes discovering case studies and writing necessary code used to teach the content.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of hands-on exercises that test students based on written content.
- Since Offensive Security training is hands-on, the duties of the position also include the creation of virtual machines supporting the content.
- Additional duties include technical assistance to colleagues when needed.
- As the Content Developer, you are a spokesperson for the courses and materials you are writing.
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience working with system administration and hardening.
- Experience with Active Directory in enterprise settings, including server side applications like Exchange, SCCM and MSSQL.
- Competent in programming languages like PowerShell, C# or Python.
- Strong command of the English language, including excellent explanation skills
- Effective writing skills and the ability to express yourself with a high level of detail and precision
- Ability to effectively communicate well among varied audiences
- Prior online content development experience is ideal but not required
- Experience collaborating across cultures, continents and time-zones
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to contribute in a collaborative and professional team environment
- Excellent research skills (data gathering and analysis, fact checking)
This role is a full-time salaried position. Work hours for this position are flexible, and will be performed remotely from anywhere in the world.
This position has no direct reports.