Content Creator at Extend, Inc.
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant’s end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remote) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry.
About the Role:
Extend is looking for a Content Creator with excellent writing skills to help us connect with desired audiences and drive action. In this role, you’ll craft original content and refine existing content to make it more clear, concise and compelling. You’ll bring a fresh perspective to how we talk to customers about Extend, and you’ll be passionate about sharing that vision through storytelling to drive engagement and ultimately, revenue. You are a quick learner with a versatile writing style who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Storytelling. First and foremost, this is a storytelling job. We need a strong writer who is curious, creative and strategic
- Raise the bar on creativity by pitching, writing and publishing various content types (blog posts, case studies, presentations, nurture campaigns)
- Proofread and edit written pieces for style, grammar and readability
- Embody Extend’s voice, tone and style in all you do, and improve upon it
- Translate business jargon and technical information into approachable, conversational and easy to understand messaging
- Research and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and practices to effectively plan out engaging content ideas
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to facilitate completion of assets, including working with design counterparts to influence the look and feel of final assets
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years experience
- Bachelor’s in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Portfolio or link to published work
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to think creatively and translate ideas into written content
- Comfortable working both independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Able to balance multiple projects with varying degrees of priority from start to finish
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!