Content Coordinator at Kialo
About the Role
We’re currently seeking Content Coordinators on a long-term contractor basis to join our remote team, to assist in the maintenance and development of content on the Kialo sites and help us build and maintain our growing community of users. You’ll join a diverse and vibrant team of Content Coordinators around the world and collaborate with other team members to develop and improve existing and new Kialo content.
Kialo prides itself on flexibility and space for personal growth; our Content Coordinators are given opportunities to explore a variety of different responsibilities as appropriate to their skills and interests, with scope to continually learn and develop. As this is a long-term freelancer contract, you are free to work hours that suit you, without being tied to traditional office hours.
Our rates begin at 28 USD/hr during our probationary training period, rising to 30 USD/hr once the training period is successfully completed, with scope to increase depending on our satisfaction with your work. We ask for a minimum of 20 hrs/week commitment, with preference given to those able to work up to 40 hrs/week. During the probationary training period, we will require you for 20 hrs/week.
Our Content Coordinators begin with a six-week probationary period, during which we focus on training: learning our site, building familiarity with how Kialo debates evolve, and the nature of the user community we support. After this period, Content Coordinators are responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining high-quality demo debates, exemplifying use cases, both on the primary site (kialo.com), and for the educational branch of Kialo (kialo-edu.com). This involves significant research and writing work.
- Assisting in the improvement of user experience on the site.
- Testing the design and framework of Kialo, to guide future product developments and improvements.
- Other tasks as arising and agreed, including providing input and feedback on site documentation and community resources.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written professional communication.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Professional Skills Requirements
- Strong attention to detail, with a ‘perfectionist’ streak.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Exceptional proficiency in written English.
- Strong grasp of current affairs.
- Experience in using, reading and working with academic papers/journals.
- Diligent, self-directed and organised, able to work with a high degree of independence in a globally distributed team.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in written work.
- Experience in freelance and remote working.
- Specialist knowledge in STEM fields is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in a second language is desirable.
- A strong familiarity with Internet culture and social media is highly desirable.
If this role sounds exciting to you, please get in touch at email@example.com.
In addition to a CV and cover letter, please attach a sample of your writing that meets the following criteria:
- Minimum 250 words, maximum 500.
- Provides an example of your ability to take a position on an issue or argue a particular point.
You are welcome to submit a segment from a longer piece, such as a university assessment. We use the sample you submit to assess whether you meet our writing quality standards, particularly in the context of argumentative writing. We do not require that the sample be from any particular subject area or purpose, so long as it meets the criteria above.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a specific writing task, in a set timeframe. We pay for the time you spend on this task at a rate of 25 USD/hour. We’ll contact you with more information about this task if shortlisted.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!