Freelance Content and Slideshow Creator
(Remote) (U.S. Nationwide)
About Hive Media:
Hive Media Group operates numerous highly-verticalized web properties that provide engaging content for visitors around the world. We’re committed to growth through internal site curation, as well as the acquisition of well-known, brand-safe assets.
Specifically, we’re looking for entertainment extraordinaires who can write in an engaging way on a variety of subjects ranging from pop culture to politics, health to history, and even cute animal commentary. If you’re intrigued AND you’re an experienced writer with good research skills and an eye for images and headlines that will go viral, we want to talk to you.
To apply you MUST provide a minimum of two writing clips of published work from other websites. Please include links to these in your cover letter. Also, please note this is a contract role and we will be expecting a weekly commitment of 3 + assigned articles completed within set deadlines.
- Respond to posted assignments
- Source your own newsworthy images (no stock photos)
- String together 20 images, plus headlines and captions (100 words), for a cohesive and engaging experience for readers
- Upload all images and content to CMS (you will be trained)
- Cover racy, provocative, and risque, content and more (politics, news, entertainment)
- writing 3-5 slideshow articles per week
- Each slideshow is 20 pages long, 100 words per page, and has 1 high quality image per page.
- 2 years of freelance writing or web content creation
- Experience writing trending, provocative, and click-worthy content
- Confident at learning new content management systems
- Can find and crop high quality, newsworthy images
This is a non-management position
This is a freelance position