Consumer Marketing Lead
Location: San Francisco
San Francisco, CA or remote location
Invitae is leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Today, not everyone who needs or wants genetic testing is able to get it. As the consumer marketing team lead, you’ll help us continue to change that paradigm and build the easiest, most affordable, and customer-centric channel for patient-initiated testing. This is an opportunity to harness your skills in healthcare consumer product marketing to deliver significant industry improvements. A vision for improving collaboration between consumers and the clinicians that care for them is central to this role as genetic information becomes more accessible. As the team lead, you’ll scale and mentor a team of professionals and agency resources. We’re looking for an experienced leader who has big, bold ideas but also values details and data to make informed decisions and measure the performance of multi-channel marketing campaigns.
In this role, you will:
- Have direct accountability for commercial success of our patient-initiated channel
- Lead development of go-to-market strategies, roadmaps and tactical plans that meet our business and customer needs
- Deeply understand the genetic testing landscape, and the science and technology behind our products
- Collaborate with internal teams including Product, Medical Affairs, and Customer Service to improve access to genetic testing
- Engage in market research to determine customer needs via formal surveys, advisory boards, KOL interviews, and feedback from sales, service, medical and executive teams
- Use data to analyze campaign performance metrics and industry utilization trends
- Oversee an internal team as well as agency resources
What You Bring:
- MBA preferred but not required
- Track record of successfully launching and growing adoption of consumer health products
- Consumer experience outside of healthcare also desirable
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Previous experience as a team lead who inspires and develops talent
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be decisive
- Passion for building compelling brands
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong sense of urgency and purpose in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for transforming healthcare
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.