Itemizing People Team Product and Services Menu – Portland, OR or Remote
People & Strategy – Portland, Oregon – Anywhere, Remote
Team members at Mercy Corps are challenged in finding and discovering key information about People Team services across our internal platforms. By refreshing the People Team content, layout and representation across our internal platforms and re-orienting the experience around the user (vs. around the org chart), new and old team members can effectively navigate their questions and learn about key services the People Team has to offer at Mercy Corps, resulting in a more cohesive and coherent service and team member relationship. Starting in FY20 a People Team Internal Communications Lead will partner closely with all People functional teams, developing and executing on strategic communications (e.g. policies, benefits, recruitment, etc.) with our global, internal audience of 5,000+ team members working across 40+ countries. This role will deliver and manage People Team content that contributes to a world-class team experience, including maintaining a detailed menu of products and services the People Team offers.
Purpose / Project Description:
In advance of this role coming on board we are seeking a part time consultant, 20 hours per week, to create a comprehensive service menu and FAQ to identify the full breadth of products and services The People Team offers. The menu should be oriented to different employee types as well as stages of the team member lifecycle. This product menu will be the jumping of point for organizing and implementing this refresh effort.
The Consultant will:
- Consult with the Internal Communications and Knowledge Management team to align on a framework, discovery questions and content sources.
- Audit and catalog People resources on offer currently across the functional areas through:
- Review of Digital Library resources
- Review of current Hub pages
- Search query testing
- Interviews with People Team members
- Interviews with Agency Customers to define where gaps exist
- Goal in work and meetings with People Team members is to keep their time and contributions to a minimum as their bandwidth is stretched.
- Develop the framework for a user-centered People team product and resource menu
The Consultant will:
- Complete user-centered People Team product and resource menu
- Outline of products and a complementary FAQ categorized by employee type and functional area, with a mind towards the People Team customers and findability of resources
- List of gap areas identified in the cataloging process
Timeframe / Schedule:
April 30-June 30
The Consultant will report to:
Director Internal Communications and Knowledge Management
Required Experience & Skills:
The ideal consultant will have the following experience and skills:
- 5-10 years of experience in team member engagement,
- Background in Internal Communications and Knowledge Management.
- Background in human centered and user centered design principles.
- Successful experience and familiarity with developing product menus
- Experience in interviewing various stakeholders with the goal of extracting pertinent information