Computer Science Tutor at Pearson
Remote | Part-time
Title: Computer Science Tutor
Location: Concord NH USA
- Smarthinking, a Pearson service unit, is seeking part-time tutors enthusiastic for online education with a passion for helping students to improve their lives through learning.
- Smarthinking provides online tutoring to support colleges, universities, and individuals in 1:1 sessions. Our tutors work remotely from any US-based location to guide students to a deeper understanding of their course content.
- At Pearson and within Smarthinking, we will help you achieve your goals through training, professional development, and networking opportunities.
- Smarthinking provides a flexible environment to engage with students that allows you to work around your existing commitments.
- Using our proprietary tools, you will have an opportunity to connect with students globally while maintaining both student and tutor privacy.
- Our tutors enjoy the satisfaction of observing a student’s learning process and coaching a student to that “a-ha” moment.
- The position is open to applicants in any state, and hourly rates, while generally $16/hr may vary depending on a location’s minimum wage.
- The anticipated starting hourly wage for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $16/hr. This position is not eligible to participate in an incentive program.
- This is a remote position that will require tutors to work at any location with reliable access to a computer and Internet.
- Candidates must reside in the United States and, if hired, be able to provide documentation regarding eligibility to work in the United States.
We are seeking tutors with one or more of the following backgrounds:
- CompTIA+ Security concepts (Security assessments, Organizational Security standards, Cloud computing concepts, Cryptography and security key management, Social engineering techniques)
- CompTIA+ Networking (Network protocols and services, Establishing and automating secure baselines for Windows and Linux servers, Cabling, device, and storage technologies, Network troubleshooting methodologies, Common networking hardware and infrastructure setup, Preventative and remedial network maintenance)
- Common programming languages (Java, Python, C, C++, C#, SQL)