Comptroller at Medic Mobile
- Department: Internal Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Remote – United States
The Comptroller is a key position at Medic Mobile. The Comptroller has the overall responsibility for accounts & bookkeeping, financial management, reporting, compliance, payroll management, support to operations, annual audit, and ensuring that the accounting team is client-focused and client-responsive.
The comptroller will work closely with the CFO, the Director of Operations, the US Finance Manager, and the finance and accounting teams in Kenya and Nepal. The position will be based in the US, East Coast preferred.
- Timely and accurate maintenance of the books of accounts, preparation of accounts and financial statements monthly. Send the required management reports on time of consolidated global accounts.
- Oversee financial, project, program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional development team to align the organization’s budgetary needs with funding opportunities.
- Analyze what parts of the organization’s budget are already covered by restricted funding commitments, and where new commitments could be most impactful.
- Ensure intercompany allocations are appropriate and correct and that intercompany billings are generated and paid monthly.
- Timely and accurate invoicing, management of travel expenses/expense reports and timesheet tracking and allocation to projects, manage AP/AR, functional spending allocations.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Ensure strict application and compliance of the company’s financial management policies, procedures & controls.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and timely payment of various taxes and reporting.
- Assist the finance team as needed in FP&A — plan and manage Medic Mobile budgets, finances and banking accounts. Maintain a monthly liquidity/cash flow statement alongside the US Finance Manager.
- Act as a primary interface with the Company’s external auditors and coordinate the execution of an annual global audit.
- Support regional offices with their annual audits.
Management and Administration Duties:
- Develop a sound understanding of the Core Financial systems being used for managing day-to-day operations. Ensure timely and quality updating of financial operational data by teammates.
- Train, develop, and mentor the global accounting and administration team, as applicable.
- Timely preparation of payroll and adherence to required HR policies and regulatory requirements.
Skills Knowledge & Expertise
- CPA, MA in accounting (public accounting experience a plus)
- A minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience working as an accountant (Experience at a Not for Profit a plus)
- Deep knowledge using QuickBooks Online and Sage Intacct
- Experience with US GAAP and Not-for-profit accounting principles, practices, taxation and regulation.
- Experience in conducting audits
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and workflows, and to deliver with quality, on time, in a fast-growing, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English. Must be able to express thoughts and opinions clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work independently
- Must be flexible with working hours to communicate with offices worldwide
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Medic Mobile values and mission. A pro-active hands-on strategic thinker.
Why join Medic?
- Opportunity to contribute to an innovative and culturally diverse team focused on achieving impact through our mission and vision
- Retirement plan with 3% match
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Travel insurance
- Flexible working culture
- Remote working or co-working space stipend option
- Monthly communication allowance
- Enjoy traveling to an annual full team meetup to meet your teammates from around the world, face to face
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!