Compliance Architect – Platforms at Zoom Video Communications
Compliance Architect – Platforms
- REMOTE – US
- IT – COMPLIANCE
- FULL-TIME EXEMPT
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure – revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
The Zoom Technology Compliance team at Zoom is responsible for driving compliance initiatives across Zoom cloud services. We’re looking for a technical leader who can build and maintain our governance and compliance strategy. Leading compliance-related business objectives that are needed to grow our cloud business. Also lead initiatives with internal Zoom stakeholders (operations, engineering, security) and ensure the teams are able to successfully achieve the compliance standards Zoom subscribes to and required by the business.
This person is a key member of the Zoom Technology Compliance team, whose track record of superior performance, technical vision, expertise and leadership is instrumental in developing and driving compliance strategy for Zoom. This role also develops long-reaching objectives for technological advancement, utilizing technical expertise in applied research, product development, and process development; works closely with Zoom technology stakeholders to provide expert guidance on broad, complex problems which require outstanding theoretical and practical experience in technical fields; makes significant contributions to company objectives directly affecting competitiveness and leadership in the industry; takes responsibility when problems or opportunities are identified, and initiates actions that result in high-quality solutions; is responsible for driving compliance requirements through-out the Zoom’s operations and engineering groups who look for guidance and direction; and represents a dynamic force that motivates and coordinates the organization to accomplish its objectives.
The ability to synthesize and simplify complex needs such as business capability, operational efficiency, regulatory, security and privacy considerations into architecture and system design is required. This includes the ability to work with technical people at all levels and work tightly with program/product management.
- Expertise in NIST CSF, FedRAMP, US Department of Defense Security Requirements Guidelines and other cloud-related compliance standards and frameworks.
- Work across teams to identify opportunities and risks for the business.
- Implement governance procedures for these compliance standards and frameworks.
- Work with the operations and engineering teams with in-depth understanding of all security and compliance-related aspects within the Zoom Cloud stack.
- Conduct architectural reviews to assess new risks and foster an environment of continuous improvements.
- Work with the Zoom Technical Compliance group in the automation strategies to reduce the burden on operations and engineering teams towards compliance-related requirements.
- Be the subject matter expert who will guide the engineering team on broader risk and compliance standard ambiguities.
- Contribute to pre-audit analysis to ensure teams can successfully get services through the audit process.
- Interacts with key operations and engineers often involving complex and controversial situations including influencing and persuading others
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field is required, with a minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience
- AWS Security Certification(s) required
- Experience acting in an architectural role with responsibilities for shortterm and longterm definition of technology direction
- At least three years of experience working on a longterm software development assignment including security, risk and compliance initiatives.
- A track record of leading compliance initiatives that have achieved success in the market and in achieving competitive product leadership desirable
- Experience in designing and implementing secure solutions and writing secure code
- Familiar with best practices in compliance, change management and security architecture such as NIST CSF, FedRAMP, and DoD (SRG)
- Experience with cloud services like Amazon Web Services
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Sound decision-making skills, based on compliance needs and technical knowledge
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
Zoom Video Communications is an equal opportunity employerand evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Zoom!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!