Compensation and Payroll Specialist at Olaplex
Compensation and Payroll Specialist (Remote Role)
OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.
To succeed in this role, the Compensation and Payroll Specialist will rely on their attention to detail, critical analysis, organizational and problem-solving skills. They will demonstrate a high commitment to quality and will have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Core responsibilities about the role
- Prepares and processes payroll via Insperity (PEO) Payroll. Responsible for payroll review and coordination of any necessary research or contact with the Insperity Payroll Specialist
- Owns the integrity of Olaplex’s payroll related data in Insperity to ensure accurate reporting for forecasting and accounting accruals
- Maintains compliance with payroll regulatory requirements and adhere to all internal controls; ensure compliance against all documented controls
- Monitors submissions of approved Insperity timesheet data; ensures Managers are reviewing and approving timesheets in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Coordinates with Accounting and Finance team members to assure seamless and timely integration of information for payroll processing and reporting for budgeting and forecasting
- Owns the E*TRADE administration to ensure the SEC and Accounting teams have accurate data for reporting purposes; ensure equity grants are communicated in a timely manner to finance and accounting
- Partners with the VP of HR and VP of Finance to ensure files related to comp and bonus accruals are accurate and updated monthly
- Assists with the development, proofing, and communication of all benefits communications throughout the year, including for new hires, open enrollment, and ongoing employee education.
- Assists with compensation administration activities including job evaluations, market equity reviews, promotions, salary adjustments, job offers.
Qualifications about you
- Minimum of 5+ years of payroll compliance, compensation, and benefits experience
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative), technical and problem-solving skills, specific to global compensation
- Ability to pivot between strategy and tactical, operational issues. Olaplex is a publicly traded, medium sized organization so in addition to the analysis and higher-level responsibilities, there will also be some administrative tasks in the mix such as payroll reconciliations
- Experience with owning internal control processes in partnership with an outsource payroll function and PEO (ADP, Insperity, TriNet, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- Solid organizational skills including strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite / Google Apps, and HRIS software
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus minimum of 8+ years previous related industry experience
- Experience with forecasting gross/net shipments.
- Strong relationship skills: ability to lead and manage multiple high-level relationships
- Demonstrated ability to build gross to net and retail sales plans from the bottom up
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and fluctuating deadlines with a high number of tasks
- Should possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Must be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement. What’s most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes. We are looking for someone who will bring all their expertise, learn, and grow with us.
Our Total Rewards
- Work/Life Balance: Remote work environment, paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance; dependent care flexible spending account company match
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans; 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: Our team has an attitude of gratitude and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustaining our secret sauce.
- Recognition: We celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly Hero Recognition and Awards’ program. Make a difference as a Bond Builder’ and/or Commendable Creative!’
- Products: Twenty (20) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At OLAPLEX, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to ‘do well and do good’. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.
OLAPLEX is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.