Compensation Analyst at Wikimedia Foundation
Compensation Analyst Temp
at Wikimedia Foundation
Duration: 6 months
Hours: 20 hrs/week
- The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Compensation Analyst to join our team, reporting to the Director of Global HR Operations.
- As an experienced Compensation Analyst, you will be responsible for participating in the rollout of a new compensation program, operationalize new structure and changes (including an ad hoc equity adjustment for new compensation bands), and support the rollout to staff.
- Strong experience and a deep understanding of job architectures, building out comp bands, analyzing comp data, using Mercer, Payscale, Radford, and experience with global and non-profit compensation.
You are responsible for:
- Performing job analysis and benchmarking positions to the market, including salaried, hourly, and executive positions. Producing benchmark pay recommendations.
- Participating in external compensation surveys.
- Assisting and collaborating in the planning, coordination, facilitation, administration, and reporting of the annual salary review program for all employees.
- Working with the T & C Leadership to execute a clear and comprehensive communication plan for all compensation activities.
- Serving as a partner to HR Business Partners and leadership by providing guidance, education and coaching on compensation processes, guidelines, job descriptions, position evaluation and regulatory issues and compliance.
- Developing and maintaining standardized job descriptions and job families, determining appropriate exemption status under FLSA guidelines. Accurately recording information and assigning codings to create new job codes.
- Partnering with HRIS to improve effectiveness of compensation administration and analysis. Ensuring data integrity and accurate and timely use of information for management review.
- Partnering cross-functionally with other T & C functions on initiatives.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of progressive compensation experience for an international organization
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in HR or related field
- Proven track record to partner cross-functionally and build consensus within a team
- Broad overall HR background, including experience in as many HR subject areas as possible (the more the merrier)
- Proven track record of handling confidential/sensitive information with grace and care
- Experience supporting a global organization with a significant presence in the US
Qualities that are important to us:
- Comfort translating technical compensation concepts to a general audience
- Amazing attention to detail, and proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, including being adaptable to work with a variety of personalities and nationalities
- Ability to work within a digital decentralized organization
- Able to work in an open and collaborative environment, while respecting HR confidentiality
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- A sense of humor!
The Wikimedia Foundation is…
…the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!