Communications Project Assistant at As You Sow
Communications Project Assistant
- Classification: Full Time, Exempt
- Schedule: Full Time
We are looking for an experienced, proactive communications project assistant to work collaboratively with our team on short and long-term projects. In this role, you will support the Senior Communications and Project Manager, program staff, and outside vendors. You will need to be highly organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working independently. Also having the ability to multitask will be crucial while handling logistical details, juggling different types of projects, and continuing to motivate and keep others on the task in a positive and encouraging manner. This is a remote position.
- Coordinating event calendars, email outreach, and website updates
- Assisting with media kits, newsletters, short reports, and video development
- Helping to develop social media partners and digital content
- Maintaining general online profiles: Wiki, Google Business, and other partner sites
- Supporting general outreach campaigns including As You Sow‘s 30-year celebration in 2022
- Curating and organizing large volumes of documents, images, and website content
- Assisting in the development and archiving of Standard Operating Procedures
- Building out schedules, monitoring, and supporting the workflow of projects
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations, reports, and webinars
- Regularly collect analytics and provide reports across a variety of digital platforms
- At least 3 years of relevant work and proven skills as a Communications Assistant, Communication specialist, or similar role
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, coordinating projects, and digital outreach
- Strong administrative and organizational skills in establishing priorities, multi-tasking, and working at a fast pace within tight timelines
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
- Excellent attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Proficient in Squarespace; familiarity with HTML, design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign), email management, and film production software is a plus
- A collaborative/communicative working style and a team-player attitude
- Strong work ethics, self-motivated, and a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive social and environmental change
PERSONALITY TRAITS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE SUCCESSFUL AT As You Sow:
- Openness to learning from others and developing new professional and personal skills.
- Resilience and ability to problem solve under time pressure.
- Discipline and organization to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with appropriate prioritization.
- Passionate personal commitment to progressive social and environmental change.
- Ability to act independently, communicate frequently, and ask questions when needed.
Negotiable depending upon experience. Healthcare, dental, vision insurance provided. EAP, 401K, phone stipend, 18 holidays, 1 volunteer day, and 10 vacation days in first year of employment (15 vacation days each subsequent year).
EQUITY: We seek to embody the values we promote. A safe, just, and sustainable world for all is the ultimate goal and everyone is an equal stakeholder in the health of our people, economy, and planet. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion across gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and other federally protected classes. We strive to bring dignity, transparency, and honesty to all our interactions with corporation we engage and within the organization.
OUR ORGANIZATION: We hold ourselves to the highest levels of excellence and accountability, as we direct our tenacious spirit into creating a workplace that is filled with joy, passion, affirmation, and mutual support.
As You Sow is a Berkeley-based non-profit organization founded in 1992. We promote corporate environmental and social responsibility through shareholder advocacy, coalition building, and innovative legal strategies. We are one of the nation’s leading practitioners of shareholder advocacy, moving companies to take greater responsibility for the social and environmental impact of their operations. We engage companies directly, work with and mobilize investor coalitions on key issue areas, file shareholder resolutions, and write reports and research briefs to inform investors and the public about novel issue areas. In short, for 29 years we have gotten big companies to make big changes for good.
As You Sow is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization and is an equal opportunity employer. AYS makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. AYS does not unlawfully discriminate on the of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or identification, or any other basis protected by law. Women, People of Color, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!