Communications and Marketing Coordinator at Grassroot Soccer
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
Location: Anywhere in U.S. possible
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: $40,000 annually, prorated for 2020
Note: Initial fixed term agreement ending Dec. 31, 2020. Renewal subject to funding availability.
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator plays a key role on a small, energetic team advancing the organization’s strategic communications objectives. The Coordinator contributes to a range of communications activities, including significant management of digital outreach.
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is a rapidly growing adolescent health organization that leverages the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize at-risk youth in developing countries to overcome their greatest health challenges, live healthier, more productive lives, and be agents for change in their communities. Since 2002, GRS has reached over 2.7 million young people in 50 countries with life-saving HIV prevention and sexual and reproductive health information and services. Grassroot Soccer is looking to significantly scale its impact via partnerships over the next five years and reach over 1M kids annually.
The Coordinator plays a critical role in our digital outreach strategy by overseeing the GRS website —including content, maintenance, AdWords, and analytics—, contributing to social media content and strategy, and producing content marketing initiatives. They provide support to fundraising, events, and thought leadership projects through planning, writing, and graphic design. This position may also include additional communications activities, dependent on organizational needs.
- Website and Analytics Management (50%)
- Social Media Management and Growth (30%)
- General Communications & Marketing Support (20%)
Specifications & Competencies
- 2+ years of communications / marketing experience
- Experience managing websites, particularly with WordPress content management system
- Understanding of SEO basics, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords (or ability to learn this rapidly)
- Experience with social media marketing and ability to keep on top of trends and changes in the social media landscape
- Interest in and passion for working for a global health organization preferred
- Obsessive attention to detail, curiosity and desire for continuous learning, thinking strategically yet knowing how and when to dive into the details
- Having a keen eye for what makes a compelling story, communicating and working with a geographically and culturally diverse group of colleagues
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!