Commercial Contract Paralegal at 8x8
Commercial Contract Paralegal
- REMOTE, US CENTRAL TIME ZONE HOURS, UNITED STATES
- LEGAL LEGAL
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8×8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8×8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
8×8, Inc. is seeking an experienced contract negotiator to join 8×8’s legal team to support 8×8’s Sales department in its revenue and channel partner transactions. The focus will be on the intake and processing of contract requests from Sales; generation and administration of contractual documentation for such transactions; maintenance of contract templates; oversight of commercial operations partners in their work with transactional documents; and help in designing and building legal operations and contract lifecycle processes. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience supporting sales personnel in the context of an in-house legal department. This position will be based in the United States preferably at 8×8’s Minneapolis office. U.S. remote candidates will be considered as well.
- Triage and correctly route requests for legal support from the company’s multi-national Sales force.
- Interpret such requests and generate the legal content / documentation needed to address the issues at hand, in accordance with department guidelines.
- Train Sales personnel on applicable rules, procedures, and best practices in connection with the handling of contract requests.
- Provide accurate and useful guidance to Sales stakeholders and business partners on Legal-owned matters.
- Support legal team’s review of customer redline documents or other customer requests regarding the terms of outbound contracts and assist in the negotiation and/or drafting of such contracts.
- Lead and contribute to projects related to the design and implementation of revenue contract-related processes and tools.
- Assist in other legal tasks, on an as needed basis.
- 5+ years working as a contract negotiator or similar role as part of a corporate legal team.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong writing and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating contract agreements, negotiating terms with customers, and managing business deals ensuring adherence to company policies and guidelines.
- Proficiency in pragmatically gauging legal and financial risk and weighing such risk against company needs and objectives.
- Deep familiarity with contractual documentation and the requirements for entering into binding contracts (experience with sell-side and/or channel partnership contracts a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with CRM (preferably Salesforce) and related legal operations technologies (such as CLM).
- Willingness to immerse oneself in and continually improve over time the tools used to provide legal support to business stakeholders.
- Ability to provide business-friendly solutions while effectively establishing and enforcing boundaries and rules with business stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build productive relationships with Sales and other non-legal personnel.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to manage a substantial workload of routine, time-sensitive transactions while still completing large-scale projects in accordance with desired timelines.
- Technical understanding of networks, cloud computing and VoIP or telecommunications regulations a plus.
- Ability to think practically and creatively as part of a team must enjoy problem-solving and be motivated by finding solutions to daily legal challenges!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!