Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender whose mission is to prove that homeownership is possible for everyone. By bringing an open-minded approach to an often closed-minded industry, we’re able to embrace every unique financial situation differently in order to craft the best possible loans for our borrowers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service backed by our groundbreaking technology, and these two components of our process come together to complete a simple, personalized mortgage experience. But it all starts with our people.
We believe that no matter where you fit in our organization—Sales, Human Resources, Information Technology, or even re-stocking the break rooms with endless coffee supplies—everyone can influence the experience that we provide to our customers and our partners. We tell our customers and our partners that anything can be reimagined. So why not your career? Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!
Who We Need:
The Collateral Specialist is responsible for ensuring all escalated issues relating to appraisals are handled with swift resolution. This position handles fee increase requests, submits reconsideration of value requests, and coordinates loans with appraisals that have been deemed flawed and tainted to ensure a second appraisal is ordered timely. The role is responsible for the day to day operations related to the appraisal tasks including managing the Appraisal Desk email inbox and Mercury Network software.
What You Will Do:
- Monitor the Appraisal Desk inbox, respond within 2 business hours to appraiser, AMC, and internal customer inquiries
- Key point of contact for vendor escalated issues for appraisals
- Monitor declined appraisal orders to ensure they are submitted for reassignment within 4 business hours
- Submit reconsideration of value request in compliance with company policy and procedure
- Upholds Cardinal and agency requirements and policies related to appraisals
- Monitors Mercury System to ensure appraisal orders are flowing quickly to completion, addresses any areas of concern
- Reviews reporting and addresses any concerns relating to orders including non-responsive appraisers, extended turn times, declined orders, late appraisals, etc.
- Communicates with AMCs and appraisers when necessary, and in compliance with all AIR regulations
- Troubleshoots escalated appraisal issues and provides resolution
- Completes configuration change requests from Sr. Management in Mercury Network system
- Assists in coordination and communication of rush orders
- Communicates guideline and company requirements to appraisers and AMCs when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Exceptional computer skills
- Demonstrate responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning; must be a fast paced individual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and comprehend training
- Ability to work closely within a team structure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of vendor websites, reporting data and escalation processes
- Exceptional customer service and effective communication
- Familiarity with mortgage process and mortgage documents
- Working knowledge of proprietary software Octane as well as Encompass 360
- Experience with gathering data, understanding, and summarizing reporting data within various software programs
- Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures related to appraisal management including required appraisal documentation, agency guidelines, and internal escalation processes
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader – we are aiming for the top!
- Highly engineered proprietary technology that is revolutionizing the mortgage industry.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day of the month following your start date including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance and much more.
- 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 5%- Effective the 1st of the month following 30-days of employment.