Coding Specialists – Corporate at Tenet Healthcare
Title: Coding Specialists, Corporate
Location: US National
Job ID: 2005010491
Tenet Healthcare has immediate needs forremote, home based Corporate Coders to support the hospital business. Corporate Coders can be based anywhere in the country with home internet access.
The Corporate Coder ( CC ) functions under the direction of the Health Information Corporate Coding Manager. The CC is responsible for accurate coding and abstracting of clinical information from the medical record. The CC is responsible for maintaining standards for coding data quality and integrity, as well as productivity within established guidelines. The CC is responsible for coding of Tenet facilities as assigned, assisting with productive coding to maintain DNFC, assisting with quality chart reviews, assisting with the training of new CC s and/or other projects where indicated.
- Successful completion of at least one AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) certified program with achievement of the correlating professional credential preferred (RHIA, RHIT, and / or CCS, etc.)
- Minimum of four years of Medicare inpatient acute care hospital experience
- Supervisory or team lead experience preferred
- This role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with 3M – 360 preferred
- Pre employment coding assessment with be administered
PRIMARY LOCATION: Dallas, Texas
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!