Coding Specialist II at Xtend Healthcare
Title: Coding Specialist II/ER
Location: United States
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development***
THIS POSITION IS REMOTE. (WORK FROM HOME).
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Coding Specialist II/ER who will work remotely. This position is responsible for accurately coding (ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, Level I & II modifiers) at least one of the following service types: outpatient facility emergency room, outpatient surgery, or observation; and at least two of the following service types: outpatient facility ancillary, recurring therapy, clinic or professional coding. Will be working with multiple facility specific, state billing and coding guidelines as well as various Medicare Administrative Contractors nation-wide.
1. Project Work.
- Outpatient Facility Coding (ER, OPS, OBS, Ancillary, Recurring Therapy, Clinic, etc.).
- Professional Coding.
- Emergency Room Coding.
2. Record Keeping.
- Completion of Masterlog of accounts coded daily.
- Completion of Time Allocation reports daily.
- Identifies trends and reports to Coding Manager.
- Identifies daily work queue.
- Identifies potential issues or errors.
4. Customer Service.
- Client liaison to communicate account inquiries.
- High school education
- 5 years of experience with coding and/or billing in healthcare revenue cycle. This should include hospital and physician practice. (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience).
- Complete a pre-employment medical coding assessment that is provided, developed, and administered by candidate management instructions.
- Emergency room coding experience
- An understanding of healthcare billing practices and compliant claims preparation for both governmental and commercial payers.
- Revenue Cycle Certifications: The following are recognized professional certifications: Certified Professional Account Representative (CPAR), Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) or Certified Professional Biller (CPB).
- Electronic health record (EHR) expertise, including knowledge of a variety of vendors.
- Specialty Coding Certifications: The following are recognized professional certifications: Ambulatory Surgical Center (CASCC), Anesthesia and Pain Management (CANPC), Cardiology (CCC), Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CCVTC), Chiropractic (CCPC), Dermatology (CPCD), Emergency Department (CEDC), Evaluation and Management (CEMC), Family Practice (CFPC), Gastroenterology (CGIC), General Surgery (CGSC), Hematology and Oncology (CHONC), Internal Medicine (CIMC), Interventional Radiology and Cardiovascular (CIRRC), Obstetrics Gynecology (COBGC), Orthopedic Surgery (COSC), Otolaryngology (CENTC), Pediatrics (CPEDC), Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery (CPRC), Rheumatology (CRHC), Surgical Foot & Ankle (CSFAC), and Urology (CUC).
- Coding Certifications: The following are recognized professional certifications: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Certified Coding Associate (CCA); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Certified Outpatient Coder (COC); Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); or Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P). Coding Specialist II coders are required to possess at least one of the above professional services coding certifications.
- Continuing Education Requirements: Medical coders shall maintain the required continuing education hours to maintain current and proper national certification(s) requirements for this position.
- Coding Test. Pass a pre-employment coding test that is provided, developed and administered by candidate management instructions, with a score of 80% or higher.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Medicare and Local Medical Review Policy Guidelines.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
- Knowledge of computing observation hours.
- Knowledge of coding infusions and injections.
- Knowledge of surgical coding.
- Knowledge of Evaluation and Management coding.
- Must be able to maintain the company accuracy rating of 95%.
- Must meet set weekly quota for productivity. This is a production coding environment and very fast paced.