Coding Specialist – Navigant BPM – Remote Location
Job ID: 9955
Location: Remote Location
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Navigant Cymetrix unites the strengths of four category-leading companies to address the complexities of today’s healthcare system. We design, develop and implement integrated, patient-centered solutions for sustained improvements in performance and profitability, working collaboratively across a spectrum of customers that encompasses hospitals, health systems, physician practice groups and payers.
The Coder Specialist shall report directly to the Director, Clinical Coding and will be responsible for accessing and coding client records via eWeb Coding technology by utilizing ICD-10 and CPT coding classification systems. This position will perform any and all related job duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform quality coding on ancillary charts and clinic charts.
- Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third-party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
- Assures that all services documented in the patient’s chart are coded with appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
- Works the review queue on a daily basis to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections are communicated to the facility if necessary.
- Must hold one of the following credentials: (RHIT, RHIA, CCS, CPC-H, CPC-P).
- Must have three years of coding experience.
- Abide by all client policies and procedures.
- Communicate frequently with co-workers as well as with managers to discern their needs, and be able to express themselves
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with the ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
- Frequently communicates with clients and co-workers and must be able to share information effectively