- Remote – Other
- Full Time
The Certified Coding Specialist is responsible for daily coding of assigned encounters and/or ensuring that client coding is accurate and compliant. The Certified Coding Specialist must meet both quality and production standards as per established department policy. The qualified candidate must have detailed working knowledge of current coding practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain expertise in ICD-9 and CPT coding and credentials.
- Meet daily accuracy and production standards as per established department policy.
- Some college is preferred.
- Must possess one or more of the following: ICD-10, CCS, RHIT, or an RHIA credential through AHIMA; or a CPC/CPC-H credential from the AAPC.
- Minimum of one (1) years experience in medical coding.
- Experience in coding or medical billing quality control is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Must be capable of producing detailed, comprehensive documentation and reports.
- Normal office environment including but not limited to long periods of sitting, typing, analyzing data, telephone communication, use of standard office equipment and daily personal interaction.